Special Markets Coordinator
Peter Millar was founded in 2001 with a single cashmere sweater. Through this initial garment, an ethos emerged to embody luxury, elegance and a dedication to superior craftsmanship. Today the brand has grown to include luxury performance sportswear, seasonal resort apparel, refined tailored clothing, and sartorial accessories. Each offering features the finest raw materials and fabric innovations while utilizing the world’s best yarn spinners, artisanal workshops and highly specialized factories.
The Special Markets Coordinator will work in conjunction with the Manager and VP of Special Markets to grow the corporate business, maintain all existing independent accounts and acquire new independent accounts. Their primary function will be to increase revenue, efficiency and brand awareness within the Special Markets. These markets include but are not limited to Collegiate, Corporate and Major Golf Events.
- Research, contact and attain new corporate accounts.
- Maintain and support licensed relationships with Specialty Retail and Golf accounts
- Build relationships with existing (20+) collegiate independent accounts and associations
- Identify areas of opportunity for new independent collegiate accounts and associations
- Plan & execute in store trunk shows each season; Parent’s Weekend, Homecoming, high profile football and basketball games.
- Relay product knowledge and drive brand awareness in store with associates to enhance their selling skills in order to drive sales.
- Merchandise floors according to focus of buys and inventory and suggesting and implementing and necessary changes.
- Provide regularly updated calendar outlining planned travel for events pertaining to special markets (ex: corporate, collegiate, large golf)
- Sales support to manager of large bookstore / corporate accounts by staying on top of monthly shipping, extension of PO’s, provide tracking and general order entry support.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Detail oriented, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Be comfortable with building and maintaining strong relationships with customers.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA or BS, or equivalent, in related field.
At Peter Millar we created a close-knit culture that thrives on the power of our people. Everyone knows that their team has their back and are willing to jump in and help when needed. We take care of our people through great benefits such as health insurance & 401(k), clothing allowances, generous Paid time off and employee discounted access to products.
If you are applying for this position through indeed or another 3rd party, please know we do not ask for any personal financial or confidential information prior to interviews. If you are contacted and asked to do this, please report this to the posting site immediately.