HR Business Partner
Peter Millar was founded in 2001 with a single cashmere sweater. Through this initial garment, an ethos emerged to embody luxury, elegance and a dedication to superior craftsmanship. Today the brand has grown to include luxury performance sportswear, seasonal resort apparel, refined tailored clothing, and sartorial accessories. Each offering features the finest raw materials and fabric innovations while utilizing the world’s best yarn spinners, artisanal workshops and highly specialized factories.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for supporting the designated business function’s talent strategy, including workforce planning and succession planning; organization design and effectiveness; performance management and employee relations.. This position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its culture and its competition. We are seeking an experienced and results driven HR business partner to align our HR initiatives and function with business objectives and business needs.
- Work with a company’s upper management to determine their current HR needs to help enable the business goals.
- Work closely with the HR and recruitment team to help implement goals set by upper management.
- Strategize ways to improve the relationship between the company’s leadership and their employees.
- Advise business on people issues and provide guidance related to strategy and performance.
- Evaluate the company’s current departments and roles before comparing them to the company’s goals and objectives.
- Work with recruitment professionals to identify necessary roles for growth within the company.
- Help oversee and create job descriptions to attract talented candidates.
- Participate in the candidate screening/interviewing process to ensure new hires align with upper management’s goals.
- Draft new HR policies in accordance with organizational goals, industry trends and labor laws or regulations, as needed
- Advise business leaders on change management, performance issues, responding to employee concerns, legal, compliance or other employee relations investigations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 3-5 years of Human Resources generalist experience.
- Customer Service experience a plus
- Experience in performance management, workplace investigations, conflict management and employee relations a must
- Experience administering benefits, leave of absences and payroll highly desired
- PHR or SPHR certification a plus
At Peter Millar we created a close-knit culture that thrives on the power of our people. Everyone knows that their team has their back and are willing to jump in and help when needed. We take care of our people through great benefits such as health insurance & 401(k), clothing allowances, generous Paid time off and employee discounted access to products.
If you are applying for this position through indeed or another 3rd party, please know we do not ask for any personal financial or confidential information prior to interviews. If you are contacted and asked to do this, please report this to the posting site immediately.