Sr. Logistics Engineer
Peter Millar was founded in 2001 with a single cashmere sweater. Through this initial garment, an ethos emerged to embody luxury, elegance and a dedication to superior craftsmanship. Today the brand has grown to include luxury performance sportswear, seasonal resort apparel, refined tailored clothing, and sartorial accessories. Each offering features the finest raw materials and fabric innovations while utilizing the world’s best yarn spinners, artisanal workshops and highly specialized factories.
The Sr. Logistics Engineer is a key member of the Operations Leadership Team and will work with members throughout the supply chain to continually define and execute a roadmap of improvement and growth. They will also be responsible for partnering with the Logistics Leadership Team to develop and execute tactical and short-term strategic plans including work flow, system enhancements, operational planning, and transit cost. Further, they will be expected to assist in defining and executing cross functional projects across the supply chain to create future capability and capacity.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts within the Distribution and Transportation areas
- Analyze business/performance metrics and impacts across the site and develop BI tools to make analysis repeatable by less technical users
- Create and maintain dashboard measures to support senior management
- Identify barriers to performance and assist Leadership Team in identifying/analyzing root cause and effect and develop action plans to resolve
- Manage IT relationships with WMS, Warehouse Execution, and Transportation systems. Including open ticket & enhancement review meetings and roadmap generation with each respective vendor
- Execute capital projects including layout redesign and material handling improvements
- Lead strategic training of team/s as needed to support internal process change
- Work with supply chain planning teams to execute and continually improve Inventory Flow/Replenishment/slotting strategies and maintain them for efficiency based on volume and velocity
- Maintain the departmental standard work of procedures, guides, and process documentation
- Perform outbound shipping cost analysis and create standard review cycles to control costs
- Excellent data analysis skills thru Excel and BI type tools is required.
- Database / SQL knowledge is a plus for gathering data
- Should have excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects.
- Exposure to analytical, reasoning, and problem solving methods (Lean, Six Sigma, A3, PDCA, etc.)
- Capability in statistical process control
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-directed and task oriented.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information in both written and verbal form and respond to questions from groups of managers and employees while driving group consensus, leading change, and implementation of defined solution(s).
- Ability to efficiently/effectively communicate and coordinate with team members.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and meet all deadlines.
- Must be flexible as challenges present themselves.
- Problem-solve and develop ideas and suggestions for process improvements.
- Able to maintain and build effective relationships with cross-functional team.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS Industrial Systems Engineering or equivalent engineering experience with established work in process improvement or logistics
- Demonstration of vision for supply chain projects & excellence in implementing large scale projects
At Peter Millar we created a close-knit culture that thrives on the power of our people. Everyone knows that their team has their back and are willing to jump in and help when needed. We take care of our people through great benefits such as health insurance & 401(k), clothing allowances, generous Paid time off and employee discounted access to products.
If you are applying for this position through indeed or another 3rd party, please know we do not ask for any personal financial or confidential information prior to interviews. If you are contacted and asked to do this, please report this to the posting site immediately.