Born in Los Angeles but bred with a global perspective, G/FORE was conceptualized with a passion for modern design combined with a love of golf. Distinguished by our attention to detail, sophisticated ease, playful nature, youthful energy and sense of humor. We consistently strive to make a powerful and colourful impact on our favourite game. We take inspiration from art, architecture, modern design, and colourful narratives. Our intent is to disrupt the industry without being disrespectful to the sport and its rich traditions.
The Design Director will be responsible for building and leading the design process for all G/FORE categories including apparel, accessories and footwear. This position will manage apparel designers, accessory designers, footwear designers, graphic artists and other design support roles. The Design Director plans the design/creative calendars, approves all work created by their staff and works directly with the Chief Creative Officer/Founder & President to present the creative work for final approvals.
The three components to a successful Design Director are:
- Interact with internal teams (i.e. Executive Team, Department Heads)
- Build & manage staff
- Lead by example (i.e. willingness to roll up your sleeves)
The position requires the ability to form and lead a team that produces, proofs, tests, and troubleshoots effective creative/design assets that adhere to our brand standards and are in line with the CCO’s brand vision. The Design Director must be highly creative, have a head for business, a flexible attitude, demonstrate strong communication skills, and be on the pulse of the latest global design trends.
- Work closely with the Founder/CCO to ensure that the designs are on brand for all seasonal collections, capsules and limited-edition products in order to advance the overall business
- Lead & oversee design projects from concept to design to launch
- Manage the design process, strategy and team to be able to handle the growing volume and creative demands of an evolving brand
- Set the design calendar for each season creative & design needs across all categories (men’s & women’s apparel, footwear and accessories)
- Hire, train and manage the design team consisting of men’s and women’s designers, graphic artists and other design support roles
- Work closely with the Marketing Director and Executive Team to ensure the design team adheres to our Brand Guidelines
- Implement and lead the G/FORE design strategy within a specified budget
- Lead production of quality creative assets for luxury brand(s) to support marketing objectives and give our customers an outstanding customer experience
- Work within a cross-functional team, external vendors and factories as the design lead to deliver quality products on time
- Communicate the vision of Founder/CCO through the creation of mood boards, sketches, print & pattern, CAD designs, and working prototypes
- Ability to produce and lead multiple creative members in apparel, accessory and footwear design
- Must understand foundational design concepts such as spatial relations & typography
- Ability to communicate and collaborate successfully with vendors, employees, managers
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, etc.), and Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate creative ideas to the team with an effective feedback process that leads to a better finished product
- Passion for fashion & design with an understanding of how to can enhance the G/FORE brand
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related field
- 5+ years of Project/People Management Experience
- Have 10+ years of Design experience
- Prior experience working with a luxury brand a plus
At G/FORE we created a close-knit culture that thrives on the power of our people. Everyone knows that their team has their back and are willing to jump in and help when needed. We take care of our people through great benefits such as health insurance & 401(k), clothing allowances, generous Paid time off and employee discounted access to products.
If you are applying for this position through indeed or another 3rd party, please know we do not ask for any personal financial or confidential information prior to interviews. If you are contacted and asked to do this, please report this to the posting site immediately.