Associate Technical Designer
STAUD Clothing, located in Los Angeles, CA, has an opening for an Associate Technical Designer.
STAUD is a ready to wear line offering chic essentials and stand-alone pieces designed and created in downtown LA. STAUD was founded in downtown Los Angeles in 2015 by Sarah Staudinger and George Augusto on a commitment to producing accessible, yet innovative pieces for the contemporary woman.
Our collections are created for those that want beautiful accessibly priced clothes and ready to wear collections that forgo trend for timelessness.
The goal? No nonsense, high style. We want to create a line of modern classics, refined pieces that reflect both an eye toward the future and a nostalgia for old school elegance. Clean, feminine lines, flattering cuts and only the finest materials - our intent is to design sophisticated, attainable clothing and accessories, without ever sacrificing quality or creativity. Instead, each piece is meant to elevate and enhance, pairing perfectly with everything from a pair of sneakers to a treasured dress shoe.
Working closely with a collective of manufacturers, STAUD continues to defy expectation – pushing the boundaries of the bland, to produce designs that are stunning but simple, unique but uncomplicated - and as well priced, as they are well made.
STAUD offers a health care plan to include medical coverage, dental care, vision insurance and a matching 401k plan.
At STAUD, we're looking for an experienced and detail-oriented Associate Technical Designer to join our Design team in Los Angeles and support this rapidly growing and fast-paced company.
You will be reporting directly to the Senior Technical Designer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in fit sessions, making appropriate recommendations for fit and construction issues, taking notes of recommendations from the Design and Production team during each session
- Assemble technical packages with detailed photos, illustrations, pattern corrections and updated measurement spec sheet
- Advise reference and fit sample comments to vendors
- Work closely with Production and Design on technical construction or fit issues
- Participate in style and fit approval process with cross-functional partners to meet all deadlines and address issues for resolution with Senior Technical Designers
- Assist in organizing and prioritizing workload according to delivery schedules
- Keep track of all samples, organized by season, sample type, etc.
- Support Senior Technical Designers' workload to establish fit and construction standards by producing accurate specification packages including sketch details, base size specifications, grading, construction and packaging details
- Prepare fit list and garments before each fit session
- Additional tasks as requested by management
- Minimum 3 – 5+ years Technical Design experience
- Apparel related Associate's or Bachelor’s degree from a fashion school preferred
- Experience working with overseas factories and vendors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively and accurately
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Must possess a strong knowledge of garment construction, fit standards and understanding of pattern making, grading rules and specification packages
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure, must be able to multi-task, problem solve, prioritize work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/Acrobat
Job Type: Full-time
All in-office employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be asked to provide proof of vaccination upon employment.