Product Development Manager, Handbags & Footwear
STAUD Clothing, located in Los Angeles, CA, has an opening for a Product Development Manager of Handbags & Footwear.
STAUD is a ready to wear line offering chic essentials and stand-alone pieces designed and created in downtown LA. STAUD was founded in downtown Los Angeles in 2015 by Sarah Staudinger and George Augusto on a commitment to producing accessible, yet innovative pieces for the contemporary woman.
Our collections are created for those that want beautiful accessibly priced clothes and ready to wear collections that forgo trend for timelessness.
The goal? No nonsense, high style. We want to create a line of modern classics, refined pieces that reflect both an eye toward the future and a nostalgia for old school elegance. Clean, feminine lines, flattering cuts and only the finest materials - our intent is to design sophisticated, attainable clothing and accessories, without ever sacrificing quality or creativity. Instead, each piece is meant to elevate and enhance, pairing perfectly with everything from a pair of sneakers to a treasured dress shoe.
Working closely with a collective of manufacturers, STAUD continues to defy expectation – pushing the boundaries of the bland, to produce designs that are stunning but simple, unique but uncomplicated - and as well priced, as they are well made.
STAUD offers a health care plan to include medical coverage, dental care, vision insurance and a matching 401k plan.
The Product Development Manager of Handbags & Footwear manages high-level product development to support the production team. This position is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements and working closely with other departments to ensure goals are met.
- Lead the product creation process from inception to production, ensuring all cross-functional partners are doing their part following the development calendar.
- Lead vendor allocation based on styling/design/execution.
- Problem solve construction, cost, quality issues and make solution recommendations to cross-functional partners.
- Support the Design Team during fittings to capture all pattern correction and fit comments.
- Ensure clarity of deliverables for deadlines.
- Review confirmation samples and TOPs (Top of Production) for accuracy.
- Correspond daily with factories on all developments.
- Monitor, track, and report on requested prototypes.
- Set style cost targets that allow the company to meet product margin targets.
- Ensure company systems are maintained with product details.
Prerequisite Knowledge, Skills, & Education
- Bachelor's degree in business-related filed preferred; High School diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Minimum of 5 years of product development experience required.
- Handbag experience is preferred, Footwear experience is a bonus but not required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and is open to change.
- Ability to adapt to new situations quickly.
- Entrepreneurial & resourceful with creative problem-solving skills.
- Exhibit personal leadership and strategic mindset.
- Experience working with factories and mills directly.
- Robust communication skills both internally and externally.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal English communication with ability to communicate and interact with people of all levels in a confident and professional manner.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to function in a high-paced, changing, growth focused environment.
- Possesses a strong business sense and can decipher priorities and make sound judgment calls on a routine basis.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Ability to work flexible hours as dictated by the needs of business for projects and meetings.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Standing and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds in a safe and prudent manner.
- Ability to easily move throughout an office with ease.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Ability to effectively interact with others internally and externally.
- Ability to utilize office equipment in a safe and prudent manner, including a copy machine, fax machine, computer, telephone, and other general office equipment that may be used regularly.
- Ability to work with many different personalities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Correctable vision and hearing.
- Ability to work on-site, full-time.
COVID-19 considerations: All in-office employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be asked to provide proof of vaccination upon employment.