Head of Sales (Coterie)
SHOWS: Destination Miami, Project Women's Las Vegas, Coterie NYC
What we’re looking for:
The Head of Sales for Contemporary Women’s will be responsible for business development strategy and revenue generation through new and existing customer. This includes the sales performance, team revenue generation and sales activity, to deliver the agreed sales and financial revenue plan. This role will oversee revenue and business development strategy for Coterie, Destination, Project Women’s Las Vegas and any other Women’s Contemporary shows we may add to the portfolio, as well as digital revenue for the business.
The role has responsibility for the line management of Sales Directors, Sales Managers and Sales Executives who are selling and managing existing customers as well as actively and assertively focusing on new business development. They will lead this team with a focus on customer retention and growth through cross selling and rebooking. This role is also responsible for a combination of internal and external sales activity, regularly meeting customers face-to-face, and attending competitor and industry events. This role will be expected to sell to a variety of new customers with a focus on large key account acquisitions, and hands on business development of new markets to drive new business revenue.
The Head of Sales will define and execute sales strategies, agreeing on revenue targets and budgets with the Vertical Vice President, while developing and managing a series of campaigns for the sales teams. They will be a key point of contact for the Vertical Vice President, coordinating interactions between teams, and acting as a point of escalation for sales team members. As the Head of Sales, they will be responsible for the day to day sales performance management, utilizing sales techniques and competitions to drive sales activity, while supporting the professional development and mentorship of team members, with a focus on developing an effective sales culture.
The Head of Sales for Contemporary Women’s will be a commercial facing representative of the business, focusing on creating deep relationships in the industry to drive revenue and elevate our show brands. This person will need to have meaningful connections in the women’s contemporary sector and be out in market often.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Meet with customers regularly to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our relationship with them.
- Identify and launch new market opportunities that will result in revenue growth both domestically and internationally.
- Maintain established relationships with external stakeholders in your designated industry, representing yourself as a thought leader in the space.
- Organize 3 high level quarterly meetings with a group of key customers from targeted categories to help understand and create solutions for our customers’ needs.
- Extensive travel to international competitive shows to expand the customer reach and remain embedded in the industry.
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, business development strategies and programs to capture key demographics based on constant customer feedback.
- Support the team by mentoring and nurturing them to enhance their existing customer relationships.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the Sales team, leading with performance development to create and maintain a best in class sales team.
- Lead the team of Sales Directors, Managers and Executives to identify cross/up sell opportunities to grow the size of accounts, and instill best practice sales techniques to effectively close deals.
- Deliver effective line management of the team through regular 1:1’s, professional development, and Sales coaching.
- Leverage sales insights and product knowledge to deliver the targeted existing customer revenue (excluding key account revenue), by account and brand (event/product).
- Manage the team’s budget and cost of sales, effectively targeting Sales activity in relation to customer value.
- Lead development of Sales campaigns, team account allocations and define individual team members sales targets.
- Lead sales campaign execution, including targeting, pipeline management, deal closing and accurate reporting of performance to the Vertical Vice President.
- Maintain an open two way dialogue with internal stakeholders to share customer feedback, insight, prospective leads and overall brand impact or market dynamic
- Globally connect brand and market sales opportunities, where opportunities exist to increase a customer’s share of wallet or improve the global approach to account sales.
- Build an effective sales culture within the Vertical and across the business working counterparts in other verticals.
- Encourage, lead and manage the digital products for your team to sell to hit digital/sponsored content revenue goals.
- Coach the team to accurately articulate the value of our digital and content offerings to their customers, creating a mindset shift for a even based culture to a marketing culture.
- Lead the recruitment and assessment of new hires to the team within the business unit.
What you bring to the team:
- 7+ years’ experience in fashion wholesale in the women’s contemporary or designer segment
- 5+ years’ experience leading a sales teams and proven ability to deliver or overachieve on revenue targets
- Experience in managing and developing sales teams to drive maximum profitability
- Experience in maintaining customer deep relationships
- Experience with leading customer account growth
- Proven ability to lead and manage a Sales team, instilling an effective Sales culture with high energy
- Strong leadership and sales performance management experience demonstrating growth
- Ability to develop relationships at senior levels and manage high value accounts
- Strong interpersonal skills, high level of passion and enthusiasm for the job
- Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of fashion industry trends and business insights
- Sales coaching and leadership EQ
- Proven ability to ideate, develop, build and implement strategic business plans and initiatives.
- Previous implementation of strategies to drive sales performance, gamification and competition
- Experience managing a team using Salesforce preferred
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.