Junior Collection Merchandiser
This position is part of the Merchandising Team and reports to two Collection Merchandisers. The main function of this role is to support the definition of the collection merchandising strategy for all categories for both Men’s & Women’s. This position will play an important role in partnering with the Design Team and Product Development department to achieve the brands growth ambition and profit margins for these categories.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Support the definition of the collection merchandising strategy in conjunction with two Collection Merchandisers and the Head of Collection Merchandising.
- Contribute to the growth of the existing business, enhance product lines, and explore new product opportunities while maintaining a strong consistency between the Men’s and Women’s Collection in terms of product positioning.
- Collaborate with the Collection Merchandisers on the Merch plan and the development of the collection in terms of breadth, depth, and the price positioning of each relevant product.
- Organize and maintain detailed product descriptions, material information, color codes, pricing and categorization and have an eye for detail in keeping the seasonal collection file up to date.
- Monitor the product sample reception and follow-up with the Production team and organize and label the products ahead of the photoshoot for the upcoming sales campaign.
- Be a key support in developing the showroom selling tools and training preparations - explain the collection inspiration, direction, and relevant product information to help convey the product’s strategy.
- Analyze market trends and evaluate the lifestyle, behavior, and spending capacity of luxury consumers to inform the product collection strategy while identifying opportunities for growth.
- Undertake competitive analysis (product mix and pricing), global sales analysis (sell-in and sell-out performance) and develop a pricing strategy aligned with the findings for the different markets.
- Post sales campaign reporting: Gather and analyze sell in comments through hind sighting and feedback from global cross-functional partners.
- Prepare and launch the sales periods: Style creation, Collection Edit, Pricing, and Photoshoot management for preparing the Le New Black ordering system.
- Construct the product mix during the showroom sales according to Image and Core Offer recommendations, order the quantities per store based on the purchasing budgets.
Who You Are:
- Strong communication, presentation, and follow up skills required.
- Must possess strong teamwork collaboration, interpersonal communication, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical abilities.
- Must be able to adapt to unexpected challenges quickly, calmly, and efficiently.
- Strong/fluent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2-4 years of Merchandising or product-related experience required (previous experience in Footwear & Accessories a plus)
- Must have knowledge of the luxury & hype market and possess interest in designer fashion