Sourcing Lead, Global Expansion
- Ralph Lauren
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Closing date
- 6 Oct 2022
- PR & Communications
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Facilitate all new market entries
* Partner with VP, Global Expansion to build short & long term sourcing expansion strategy across categories, new countries on strategic and operational level
* Drive capacity development projects that relates to short & long term strategic covering sourcing, capacity and operation in GM&S
* Execute supplier projects in new markets through supplier relationship management
* Partner with VP, Global Expansion, GM&S leaders, project leaders & P&D to build efficient organization in production countries
* Partner with VP, Global Expansion to identify and analyze opportunities for new markets
* Partner with VP, Global Expansion to define new target markets and conduct market research to develop market entry strategies, propose and execute target operating models for these markets
* Partner with VP, Global Expansion to develop and refine overall expansion strategy including start-up process and roadmap
* Facilitate the cross-functional teams responsible for executing the launch of new global markets
* Work closely with local market management during pre-launch and through deliver phase, to ensure their needs are represented and addressed throughout launch phases of new markets.
* Monitor progress to plans and provide coaching and mentoring of country leaders and their supporting roles to anticipate challenges and opportunities
* Analyze and report to VP, Global Expansion on key drivers impacting top and bottom line performance in the international markets
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Well-versed in supply chain, manufacturing, quality management and expansion fields.
* New business development
* Executive presentation and market analysis
* Full production process experience
* Strong experience in negotiation, strategic partnership, quality management & expansion strategy
* Significant off shore market experience (Bangladesh, India, Vietnam, Cambodia etc.)
* Demonstrated ability to plan and organize cross functional work and deliverables.
* Able to lead teams to consensus decisions on complex business and global challenges.
* Ability to succeed in a rapidly growing global business environment
* Ability to lead change management
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert