Payroll & Benefits Coordinator (Part-Time) - Carolina Herrera New York (Fashion)
Under the supervision and direction of the Senior Manager, Payroll & Benefits, the Payroll & Benefits Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day tasks to support payroll processing and benefit programs to include health and welfare, COBRA, FMLA and other Leave programs across Carolina Herrera New York, Dries Van Noten USA, and Puig USA. The position would also provide assistance to the Senior Manager with reporting and auditing processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. The Senior Manager may assign other duties as necessary:
- Accurately enter and maintain employee personnel, medical, and payroll data; including but not limited to new hires, terminations, and other changes such as, departments, locations, name changes, processing salary rate changes, tax withholding, payroll deductions including garnishments, and time and attendance maintenance, and LOA’s.
- Assist in resolving payroll discrepancies and answering employee inquiries
- Assist in administration of benefits and other voluntary and involuntary deductions, which may include medical, dental, vision, disability, FSA, 401k, wellness and more.
- Identifies opportunities to automate current processes and implement effective controls to drive efficiency and streamline process.
- Autonomously compile reports for internal and external use, including ad hoc reporting, payroll reporting, and auditing requests.
- Develop and send companywide communications to inform employees about Payroll & Benefits information and events.
- Support and develop employee wellness plans, annual open enrollment, health fairs, and other wellness events. Process benefit vendor billing invoices, and billing reconciliation.
- Covid-19 First Response
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Human Resources, or a related field, and/or 1+ year(s) of payroll/benefits experience
- Retail/Fashion experience preferred
- Experience with HR technology; ADP WFN and Essential Time and Attendance preferred; SAP financial a plus
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft products a must: Word, Excel including VLOOKUPs and pivot tables, Power Point and Outlook
- Excellent analytical and detail orientation skills required with a strong commitment to accuracy
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills required;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees
- Analytical; proficient with numbers, and ability to problem solve
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to organize priorities, meet tight deadlines and work independently
- Positive and professional attitude with commitment to resolve issues and respond quickly to employees
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and employee privacy at all times
Ideals and Principles Continually Strives for excellence in everything they do. Is willing and able to align own priorities with those of the organization. Can be trusted to act with integrity, honesty, and respect. Behaves in a way which is consistent with the culture, values and vision of Puig.
Foster Curiosity Has a thirst for knowledge. Is always interested to learn about the latest trends that could help improve the business. Is a natural learner who is always looking for new knowledge and experience. Is eager to understand the wider context in order to grow. Is intellectually curious, committed to finding ways to improve themselves, and actively seeks feedback.
Embrace Change Reacts positively to change. Supports change initiatives, can see when change is required, and initiatives it when needed. Sees change through themselves. Is flexible and open-minded, and adapts well to new tasks or circumstances.
Drive for Results Motivated and passionate about working and achieving excellent results. Constantly delivers on commitments, even in the face of difficulties, and is optimistic and tenacious throughout. Takes end-to-end responsibility and continually looks for ways and means to improve performance.
Connect, Share, and Cooperate Builds appropriate, constructive and effective relationships with colleagues. Shares information readily and proactively. Supports initiatives outside their immediate area if able. Doesn’t allow personal objectives to take priority over the team’s best interests. Gains trust of colleagues, and is well-positioned to offer support and assistance when required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V