Assitant Store Manager
Job Title: Assistant Store Manager
Reporting to: Store Manager
Role: The ME+EM Assistant Store Manager is dedicated to customer service, team morale and driving results, who is responsible for overseeing the store and team in the managers absence. You have a keen understanding of the brand vision and stay up to date on industry trends. You understand the role of retail in our omni-channel business while representing the brand ethos.
This role requires the successful candidate to travel to central London to an assigned ME+EM store/concession. Candidates must have the flexibility to work across 7 days a week, with 8 hour shift working patterns. These shift patterns range from 8am-10pm based on location.
At ME+EM we are an entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate group of people. We work hard, are enthusiastic to learn and aren't afraid to take risks. Everyone contributes to our success at all levels, and that's precisely what makes being a member of the team so rewarding.
Our office and stores are always busy and fast-paced, but we work just as hard to make sure it’s fun, with monthly socials, activities and bi-annual parties. We pride ourselves on being approachable and supportive, and we make sure that everyone has a voice with employee-led committees and quarterly town hall meetings, and that everyone’s hard work is rewarded. Our values lie at the core of who we are as a business, how we operate and what we strive to be for our employees. We pride ourselves on being a Family, Fearless, Focused and Fashionable.
It takes all these things to build a strong, successful business and our door is always open to new talent ready to contribute to our growth and evolution.
- Act as the person in charge in the absence of the Manager.
- The second point of call for all people related issues within your store. You are not expected to solve big issues but support and listen to your team. If not confidential, the information should be shared with the Store Manager.
- Carryout daily training and coaching with the team by leading by example on the shop floor.
- Assist with managing staff admin including hours worked against what is recorded in Humanity.
- Arrange cover in the absence of the manager.
- Ensure breaks are taken whilst being the manager in charge.
- Keep up to date with company polices within the handbook and ensure the team are complying.
- Assist with identifying training needs and arrange sessions with the Compliance manager to fill the gaps.
- Understand the store target and relay this to the team.
- Encourage dress code compliance following the policy.
- Attend meetings in the absence of the manager.
- Provide the best most luxurious customer experience to all who visit the store.
- Be confident in building organic and long-lasting relationships with customers.
- Aware of the importance of CRM Carryout personal styling sessions with confidence.
- Promote where possible the omni channel experience
- Have a high level of product knowledge, attend regular product review meetings and relay new information to the team.
- Ensure the store display represents the design intent for each garment.
- Ensure the protection and use of stock is in the best interests of the business and report any inaccuracies to the Store Manager.
- Assist with the store recall process.
- Understand the Elucid back office and be a super user for back-office processes
- Work alongside the Customer Care team and other operational functions to ensure policies are aligned to ensure the best customer experience is achieved.
As part of your role, it is important you operate within ME+EM’s values. At ME+EM we foster a culture of equality and diversity and fully recognise the positive contribution that each individual can make to the business. ME+EM are committed to a policy of equal opportunities, shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, political beliefs or membership or non-membership of a Trade Union and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.