Design Assistant-MUST CURRENTLY LIVE IN NYC
Mara Hoffman is currently looking for an Assistant Designer to support the design team
in all aspects of the development cycle from concept to final product.
- Create and update technical sketches on Illustrator
- Fill in flat sketches in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Keep design boards up to date
- Responsible for sample tracking and monitoring of all in-bound and out-bound packages, tagging garments, and organizing samples
- Contribute to sketches and body development when requested
- Attend development fittings and upload fit photos to server
- Create styles and BOMs in RLM
- Create cut tickets and prepare fabric, trims, etc. for domestic sampling
- Meet frequently with domestic sample makers to support line development, pass off comments, pick up samples, etc.
- Update WIP charts for factories
- Ship packages and keep tracking log for overseas factories
- Own approval of Fedex/UPS/United invoices
- Inventory fabric and trims in our domestic factories at the end of each season
- Assist in artwork development and submissions
- Assist in engineered swim placement artwork process
- Make minor updates to artworks for bulk production
- Recolor prints and create simple artwork repeats
- Color match & pull pantones for artwork submission
- Revise existing artwork (i.e. change in scale, change in colors, tweak artwork)
- 1-2 years experience in a contemporary brand a plus
- A degree in Fashion Design or similar
- Strong understanding of the Mara Hoffman brand and aesthetic
- Excellent knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Strong understanding of garment construction and pattern making
- Strong print/color sense
- Print design experience a plus
- General understanding of engineering prints in pattern pieces and fabric yield consumption
- Knowledge of fabric types, construction, finishing, and processes
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Must be highly organized, motivated, proactive and a team player
- Positive attitude
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well in multiple areas of development
- Ability to problem solve and multitask
This position is based in our NY office and requires regular garment district visits. This is
not a remote position.
About Mara Hoffman:
Mara Hoffman founded her label in 2000 after graduating from Parsons School of Design in New York City. Fifteen years later, the brand committed itself to implementing more sustainable and responsible practices. In an effort to foster mindful consumption habits, the brand maintains an open conversation about its approach and encourages
consumers to reevaluate the relationship society has with clothing. The company continues to focus on sustainable materials, processes, and production in order to improve and extend each garment’s life. Supporting and partnering with organizations that further social, racial and economic justice is also intrinsic to the company's
framework. President and Creative Director, Mara Hoffman, presents collections with a devotion to color, each inspired by and in celebration of women.
Mara Hoffman, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic
information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We are committed to having a diverse and broadly trained staff, and welcome and encourage individuals from all communities to apply.
Please email all resumes to email@example.com with the job title in the subject and resume/portfolio as pdf attachment.
Must send portfolio or will not be considered for position.
YOU MUST CURRENTLY LIVE IN NYC.