Olivia von Halle are seeking an enthusiastic Design Assistant to join our small but rapidly growing team at the Olivia von Halle studio in Bloomsbury. The ideal candidate is both creative and organised with an eye for detail and passion for print and embellishment.
Responsibilities will include;
- Supporting the Design Director across all aspects of the design process.
- Administrative support, assisting with tasks including;
- Research into seasonal collection themes.
- Colour palette collation.
- Creating repeat print tile artworks and assisting with print design colour ups.
- Creating technical specs for each print design to submit to the manufacturer.
- Assigning Pantone colour references to print artworks.
- Creating annotated, technical garment CADS on Illustrator/ Photoshop.
- Assisting with embroidery development and creating embroidery placement
- Responsible for keeping all design boards up to date.
- Ensuring all design print archive folders are organised and kept up to date.
- Adding dates and reminders into the calendar/ Asana.
The Ideal Candidate
- Highly competent in Adobe Photoshop and familiar with Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel.
- A passion for current fashion and lifestyle trends with efficient research skills. A special interest in historical reference within design is helpful.
- Excellent hand drawing and painting skills are required.
- Experience in print design is essential, including a familiarity with using Pantone.
- An excellent sense of colour is required.
- Experience working at a previous fashion brand is preferred.
- An understanding of garment construction and knowledge of fabric is required.
- Highly motivated, with an ability to work independently when required.
- Must be highly organised with experience of working to tight deadlines.
- Focused and conscientious with an appetite to learn.
- Ability to adapt to change and respond positively to new challenges with a willingness to go above and beyond.