Raw Materials Specialist, Wash Technologist
- Ralph Lauren
- Bangalore, India
- Closing date
- 28 Oct 2022
- PR & Communications
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
This role is responsible to closely work with design and product development for seasonal wash development and elevate the wash and finishing for the existing programmes.Also closely work with vendor partners, mills, chemical suppliers and laundries to bring more sustainable solutions and innovative ideas on wash developments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Developments of Wash capabilities with Mills and laundries on requirements shared by Brand from NY design for different categories.
* Identifying sustainable Washes options and Proposing to Brand from region.
* Sourcing new Laundries which are well compliant and equipped with new techniques.
* VMS onboarding of New Laundries
* Closely work with NY and Vendors for on time wash approval closures both in development and bulk stage.
* Performing Risk Assessments on the developments in terms of Washing, sharing the critical call outs with CFT teams and NY.
* Sharing the Wash cost updates to CFT Team right from Concept to Bulk Execution.
* Creating SOPs between Vendors and Mills/ laundries for all new wash developments.
* Visits to laundries/Suppliers based on the business needs
* Updating PLM with once development is closed.
* Supplier Performance Monitoring. Sharing visibility with regional team.
* Laundries capacity and capability management.
* Shade & Quality Audits interms of wash approvals.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* 8-10+ years' experience in a similar role
* Must have strong knowledge on chemicals, dyes and washes
* Experience in working on different kind of wash units having an exposure with both manufacturing & brands,
* Requires excellent organization and project management skills
* Negotiation and influencing skills
* Strong communication skills well versed with Excels and Power Point presentations.
* Basic knowledge on the textiles.
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert