At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.JOB PURPOSE
To Coach and Develop a team of Customer Service Consultants and Team Leaders to deliver first-class, physical and digital luxury service. Driving both performance and potential, the CSM is accountable for achieving the company's Global Service Levels, by effectively measuring and tracking all aspects of Quality and Productivity.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily resource organisation and planning, ensuring adequate resource is available for contact volumes on all channels.
- Ensure each consultant has a personal development plan (PDP), with goals and objectives set according to individual development needs.
- Schedule monthly consultant 1:1 meetings to review performance, coach and give feedback, in line with individual PDP's.
- Measure the Customer (Burberry) Experience across all contact channels through objective and impartial internal Quality Monitoring
- Utilise Management Information and available reporting to coach, give feedback, and manage individual and team performance.
- Attend team and other departmental meetings where required, ensuring promotion and adherence to customer service strategic objectives at all times.
- Recognise and reward consultants appropriately where outstanding performance has been identified.
- To investigate complex customer escalations thoroughly, liaising with other departments where necessary, to make solutions-focused and helpful recommendations for resolution.
- Partner with Customer Service Trainer on individual employee development, and team training needs.
- Take an active role in the Recruitment process end-to-end, assisting with initial screening, assessment centres, and interviews where necessary.
- Maintain a specialist understanding and knowledge of all policies and processes to deliver credible and impactful coaching conversations.
- Partner with other managers to ensure that team huddles are planned and conducted daily, ensuring awareness of priorities and company briefings.
- Manage claims for order refunds and customer goodwill, in accordance with Burberry policy.
- Follow all internal HR company policy and procedure carefully and responsibly, partnering with local representatives wherever needed to manage individual performance concerns or issues.
- Passionate about delivering a sensational, luxury customer experience.
- Able to work collaboratively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving capability.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Robust and confident.
- Be available to work flexible shifts.
- Demonstrates initiative through proactive approach in developing people and processes.
- Demonstrates a positive and helpful attitude at all times.
- Demonstrable Contact Centre Supervisory / lead experience (min 2 yrs).
- Experience of managing teams and driving results in a highly dynamic environment.
- Proven record of delivering performance improvements through coaching.
- Retail experience desirable.
- Digital Commerce experience desirable.
- Luxury experience desirable.
- Language skills desirable.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: China Mainland || Not Applicable || Shanghai || CUSTOMER SERVICES || NO DEPARTMENT - FIST9010 || n/a ||