Freelance Associate Technical Designer
Assists Technical Designer in preparing fit sessions, processing and communicating fit comments at each development stage through PPS. At TOP stage you have had the visibility of the development of the garment and will review the TOP’s with the team and communicate comments to the factories. Must have 2-5 yrs tech design experience, strong knowledge in specs and garment workmanship and basic understanding of BOM’s.
- Measure fit samples on all stages against required specifications. Identifies discrepancies and problems and brings to the attention of the Technical Designer. Assists with resolution.
- Responsible for processing TOP comments.
- Notify PD or update BOMs with interlining changes.
- Responsible for taking fit notes clearly (handwritten) during fit session if needed.
- Responsible for processing fit session notes after fit session and ensuring design comments correlate to spec updates.
- Responsible for updating spec sheet based on fit session comments.
- Assist with fittings and preparing fit comments and analyzing garment construction.
- Assist on sample tracking, coordinating samples and prepping fit sessions.
- Support TD in flat technical sketches.
- Support TD in reviewing grading.
- Experience working with international factories: communication on specs, comments, workmanship and quality.
- Knowledge in full range of women’s wear wovens and light knowledge in women’s knitwear
- Must possess good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong knowledge of measuring and efficient communication of garment evaluation, knowledge of pattern making.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge in technical workmanship quality and terminology.
- Must excel in fast-paced work environment and demonstrate strong aptitude for multitasking and problem solving.
- Excel and Illustrator skills
- Basic -Intermediate Knowledge of Patternmaking and grading.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
AREA Studio LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law