Travel & Hospitality - Senior Account Executive
BPCM is a strategic advisory & communications firm located in the heart of Dumbo. We have been partnering with brands and building careers for over 20+ years and are a Female lead and all-inclusive driven company. We care about sustainability, brand recognition and telling stories that live on and we look for people that want to join a team that is supportive of one another, celebrates innovation and encourages growth. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you.
BPCM is looking for a charismatic Senior Account Executive for our Travel & Hospitality team with a proven track record of planning and executing PR strategies in order to secure meaningful press coverage for brands that is in line with their overarching communications strategy and target audience. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 4-5 years of previous experience working with luxury travel, hospitality, and tourism brands in house or at a public relations agency.
About the role:
- Serve as a primary client contact with the proven ability to manage and drive multiple client account programs and teams delivering strategic value
- Directly manage day to day activities on client accounts and lead regular conference calls
- Plan, develop and advise clients on integrated and measurable PR initiatives
- Advise clients on positioning and messaging
- Pro-actively pitch and secure maximum editorial opportunities; maintain press interest in clients through development of creative pitch angles and create ‘buzz’ around major client news
- Daily press interaction; nurture and develop strong relationships with key editors across all channels via regular communication and media meetings
- Draft media and client materials as directed including press releases, bios, talking points, and media alerts
- Delegate duties and review the work of supporting team members (i.e. press materials, pitches, reports, etc.)
- Brainstorm creative partnership and activation ideas for clients as well as new business opportunities
- Develop full launch strategies surrounding client partnerships and activation
- Manage planning and execution of client events (i.e. staffing, production, invite outreach, budget, etc.)
- Multitask across multiple client accounts and projects under deadline, manage client timelines and budgets
- Ensure that key milestones and projects are on track, within prescribed timelines and on budget, etc.)
- Track industry trends and identify relevant opportunities for clients
- Display exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Plan, execute and attend press trips onsite at client locations
- Assist in the development of proposals for new business presentations
- Four to 5 years PR experience (agency or in-house) working on publicity campaigns with top travel and hospitality brands, preferred experience in luxury travel
- Strong, established travel and trade press relationships
- Superior press release and pitch writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills; adept at developing rapport with clients to maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to align press initiatives with business goals of brands/clients
- Expert at maintaining ongoing relationships with members of top-tier media
- Proven results with top-tier media outlets
- Proficient computer skills i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Problem solving and solution oriented with a proactive, “roll up your sleeves” attitude
- Passionate about being a champion for DEI initiatives, both internally and externally
We believe that the most important aspect of our agency is our team, and we take great care in ensuring their wellbeing, connection and support. We just moved to Dumbo and love the breathtaking views of Manhattan, surrounded by great bars, restaurants, parks, and picnic areas. If you ask our team, people who used to work for us and people who left and came back, everyone will tell you that BPCM is extremely strong in building community and caring for the individual. Although we work in a fast-paced, high-achieving environment, the team always look out for each other and have each other’s back. We are an agency that’s committed to excellence for our clients and each other. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, hybrid work schedule, monthly WFH stipend, dog friendly, summer hours and a generous Paid Time Off policy.
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties and competencies. All requirements and skills are subject to change as business needs evolve.