Triple Wimbledon champion Fred Perry founded his brand in 1952. He was the son of a cotton spinner, who played and fought his way through, always with style – and despite the establishment. Today, Fred Perry is a global community of over 370 employees, all inspired by the Laurel Wreath and what it represents
The business is in the process of implementing a new transformative ERP system. During this time our Head of Finance requires support to manage the Finance team and deliver to stakeholders both internal and external. We are therefore seeking a Financial Controller to join us on this exciting journey.
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified Finance professional who is capable of hitting the ground running. We are looking for someone with a track record of managing and developing people, an eye for detail and sound technical knowledge.
- Co-ordinate the team to deliver Management Accounts in a timely fashion
- Review costs, provide variance analysis, and oversee distribution of cost centre reporting
- Work with budget holders to deliver the financial strategy
- Manage annual financial audit and support preparation of statutory accounts
- Finalise UK corporation tax returns and work with tax advisers to ensure compliance in all territories
- Support production of the annual Budget
- Support, mentor and develop a team of enthusiastic and committed individuals.
- Ability to manage in a collaborative and co-operative way
- Qualified Accountant with 3-5 years + post qualification experience
- Experience of managing a finance team
- Strong technical knowledge and application
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-starter able to operate on own initiative
- Solve problems and drive process improvements
- Experience in Retail/Wholesale (desirable)
- Good communication skills.
- Confident and able to build good relationships across the business and with key partners.
We actively encourage our teams to have a good work/life balance and so we are pleased to offer flexible working shifts at Fred Perry HQ. Our core shift hours are from 10am – 4.30pm and so employees can choose to start and finish early, or start and finish late. (i.e. work 8:00am-4:30pm, or 10:00am-6:30pm etc). We also have 30-minute early finish on Fridays.
As we continue to work in a more flexible way, the Head Office acts a brand hub, where we can all connect and collaborate with one another. This role is a mix of office based (London) and remote working. We will expect the employee to come into the office regularly for face-to-face meetings and to work alongside their team on collaborative projects.
We are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to all our staff, and continue to reassess what our community needs from us to thrive. We don’t want to be a good company to work for, we want to be a great one. Here are some things we currently offer:
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Competitive salary, reviewed every year
- Generous staff discount and regular sample sales
- Generous pension scheme with 8.5% company contribution
- Option to buy an extra 5 days holiday annually
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Early finish Fridays
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Annual Birthday vouchers
- Regular opportunities to attend gigs / events
We actively welcome applications from people of all different backgrounds. Your CV will be submitted to hiring managers with all personal details hidden to ensure anonymity.