Public Affairs Associate
- Ralph Lauren
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 1 Sep 2022
- PR & Communications
- Coordinator / Executive
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration. Any offer of employment is contingent upon proof of full COVID 19 vaccinations upon hire. Accommodations due to medical or religious reasons will be evaluated in compliance with the law.
The Public Affairs Associate is a new role and the candidate will have the opportunity to help build Ralph Lauren's Public Affairs function. We are looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented and entrepreneurial candidate who can help us maintain and strengthen Ralph Lauren's reputation as well as advance our public policy and advocacy priorities. The role requires an understanding of the political, social and economic landscape in key markets where Ralph Lauren operates as well as the ability to quickly identify and react to emerging issues in these regions. Job responsibilities include a wide range of projects, such as tracking legislation, initiating policy research and analysis, drafting communications and issues briefs, creating presentations and maintaining team calendars and project trackers. You will report to the Head of Public Affairs and interface with a range of teams across the business, including Global Corporate Communications, Sustainability, Citizenship, Sourcing, Legal and the Local Commercial teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Support cross-functional issues management and the development of risk mitigation strategies to maintain and strengthen the company's reputation.
* Draft communications and engage with a range of stakeholders to advance Ralph Lauren's public policy and advocacy priorities.
* Build and strengthen Ralph Lauren's engagement with its associations and memberships.
* Develop briefings for executive engagements with government officials.
* Coordinate with key business partners including but not limited to global corporate communications, sourcing, sustainability, citizenship, legal and the local commercial teams to develop policy positions and align on advocacy needs across the organization.
* Develop public affairs strategies to support major Company or Foundation announcements.
* Review company communications from a policy, geopolitical and reputational lens.
* Update KPIs as part of quarterly reporting to measure effectiveness of engagement.
* Keep workstreams on track and share updates on a weekly basis.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Public Affairs or communications experience ideally in an agency, in-house or in a political environment.
* Advanced level of verbal and written communication skills.
* Creative and entrepreneurial mindset.
* Highly organized with strong attention to detail and an ability to multitask.
* Ability to comprehend and effectively synthesize complex information, especially related to public policy and issues in the news.
* Ability to work closely and effectively with others-including senior management, business partners and external partners.
* Experienced in time management and project planning skills.
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert