Positive Luxury is seeking a confident, experienced Business Development Manager as part of our growing business development team. Your main goal will be to develop a client base of luxury organisations and awareness of the Butterfly Mark certification.Leveraging our unique assessment and certification programme, you will develop new luxury brand, retailer and supplier clients, and deliver healthy revenue growth into the Positive Luxury community.
The role will require you to be highly organised and motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines. The successful candidate must be able to show a proven track record of selling to senior management, increasing sales revenues and meeting or exceeding personal targets. This role will require you to work with flexibility, energy, and commitment. The ideal candidate will be somebody with first-hand knowledge of ESG practice and a passion for sustainability and luxury.
- Research, identify and develop strong business relationships of luxury brands, suppliers and retailers
- Develop a strong pipeline of small to large sized organisations and efficiently manage prospects throughout the sales cycle to closing
- Interact confidently, consultatively and professionally in sales meetings via phone, video or face-to-face meetings, and demonstrate excellent negotiating skills
- Meet personal sales targets and be a key team member working towards Positive Luxury’s annual sales and revenue targets
- Update and maintain client databases and CRM systems and ensure accurate reporting through pipeline mapping
- Work closely with the Development Director and within the Business Development team and build strong working relationships with all company colleagues
- Work collaboratively with the account management team to onboard new clients and deliver outstanding client services from the start of their journey with Positive Luxury
- Demonstrate and maintain a passion towards, and an up-to-date understanding of sustainability practice and trends through ongoing research and analysis to support the ESG+ assessment proposition
- Observe and understand the changing dynamics of the luxury sustainability landscape within the PL sectors and regions and their relation to the Butterfly Mark assessment proposition.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of any competitors to PL and their value proposition and differentiators.
- Support the organisation at events and/or trade shows as required, and other community-enhancing activities
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, culture and business ethics
- Education to a University degree level
- A minimum of 7 years proven sales experience, preferably in sustainability and/or ESG practice or in the luxury industry
- Experience of consultative selling and excellent negotiating skills
- Experience writing and pitching proposals and presentations to senior management and leadership teams
- Target-driven, ability to self-manage, organise and solutions-oriented
- Motivated by securing new business, positive, resilient, and a determination to close out deals
- High energy, good communicator, proactive and optimistic approach to sales with excellent organisational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Highly collaborative team player with a mindset of continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, able to communicate effectively with individuals across all levels
- Experience within a global organisation would be an advantage
- Capacity to work in a high-growth, fast-paced SME environment
- Excellent written and spoken English. Professional-level French or Italian language skills an advantage.
- Demonstrable interest in sustainability and the luxury industry and ideally practical experience in one of the verticals we support: fashion & accessories, jewellery & watches, beauty & fragrance, premium drinks, interiors & living and travel & leisure