- Manage Seasonal Calendar and keep development on track
- Create initial Development Techpacks and BOMs
- Create, update and organize flat sketches by hand using Procreate and CADs with Illustrator
- Create and maintain WIP, sample logs, shipping log, linesheet, etc.
- Communicate with factories and vendors
- Sample tracking
- Spec garments to prep for fittings
- Attend development fittings – take detailed notes, upload fit photos, revise sketches, etc.
- Fit comments - Responsible for working directly with the TD team in office to complete fit comments, construction details and POM selection when needed
- Research inspiration, design details, print techniques, etc. .
- Print Development - Assist with colorups, assist with print launches, follow up with strike offs, assist with revised print comments, Pantone matching, etc.
- Sourcing any domestic trims, etc. on a need basis, source fabric with agents in NY, create sourcing documents for overseas factories
- Maintain and organize all files, materials, and communication
- Responsible for attending weekly TD trainings in office
Skills / Qualifications:
- Degree in fashion design or similar
- 5+ years of related experience – Contemporary or Designer brand a plus
- Ability to understand and fully incorporate the brand’s aesthetic
- Extensive knowledge in garment and fabric construction
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop and Excel
- Detailed oriented, organized and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent sense of style, color and print
- Strong Communication Skills
- Deep interest in sustainable practices
- Based in New York and able to work in person and remote
Please email resumes and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please include job title in subject line.