Account Manager, Communications
RAVEN is a talent-first brand-building agency, working across the Fashion, Beauty, Arts and Entertainment industries. We service brands, the media, and our industry collaborators with unique cultural insight, passion, and audience-first thinking. Our dynamic, hyper-connected team are forthright, funny, and completely obsessed with contemporary culture. Our work, our roster, and our own agency identity are underscored by vibrancy, energy, world-class storytelling, and real cultural clout. We work with pioneers: brands and businesses who are, in their own ways, redefining the industry landscape.
Our ‘heartland’ - the central disciplines at our agency - are Communications and Talent Marketing, and the RAVEN team is structured into two distinct work-streams, closely collaborating to deliver clear visions for our brands. Whilst we pride ourselves in excelling at the traditional media relations and talent strategy, our true uniqueness as an agency lies within our ‘beyond comms’ capabilities - from Creative Direction to Digital Strategy, we bring fully-functioning, creative mar-comms solutions to our partners.
RAVEN is part of the Miroma Group - a collective of agencies spearheading a new-age communications model, operating in 35 markets. Clients across Miroma’s portfolio include Spotify, Amazon, The Walt Disney Company, eBay, Facebook, and many, many more.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a bright, charismatic, and driven Account Manager to join our Communications team and work across a varied selection of fashion and beauty clients - ranging from the industry’s most talked-about upcoming designers to a number of the biggest sportswear labels, beauty brands and luxury retailers in the world.
This Manager will play an integral role in supporting the senior team across the development and execution of seasonal strategies, brand features, campaigns, and events. The role requires strong leadership - supported by Account Executives - of collection launches, news stories, and meaningful, regular product placement to ensure KPIs are met, and brand exposure is maximised.
Strong verbal, written, and networking skills are essential; an ability to form and nurture relationships and confidently provide strategic counsel where needed. We will provide you with opportunities to demonstrate your individuality, creativity, and drive, and encourage you to communicate thought-provoking ideas verbally, visually, and written to both clients and colleagues.
Working within our Communications team, you’ll have a dedicated roster of clients but will also be exposed to, and gain experience across, the dynamic work our Talent Marketing team deliver around traditional VIP, Influencer, and ‘People’ strategies. We’re looking for someone hungry, knowledgeable, and ready to get stuck in; someone tangibly excited to be part of the RAVEN family.Principle duties:
- Support Account Directors with development and implementation of client strategies and assist across all day-to-day tasks pertaining to delivery.
- Work within the wider Raven team to offer counsel when executing clients’ broader PR strategies and creative campaigns.
- Develop strategic thinking around projects and collaborations to amplify a brand narrative and secure news placements, ensuring positioning and visibility is maintained.
- Identify client objectives and lead pitching efforts, securing brand features, news and product placements across print, digital and social media outlets.
- Work intuitively with the wider team to maximise all relevant opportunities to generate coverage and expertly service the media and stylist community.
- Foster and grow existing, genuine industry relationships with press, stylists, young creatives, retail teams and beyond.
- Liaise daily with clients, often directly with brand Founders and Creative Directors. We encourage every team member to be fully engaged and informed about where we’re taking the brand.
- Play a pivotal role in Raven’s event processes - This includes but isn’t limited to: executing thorough guestlist management, ownership of the invitation process, end-to-end management of photographer and media requests, and liaising with sponsors.
- A key organisational leader as our clients execute projects in the virtual space. This means impeccable timeline management and continual idea contribution to new, innovative ways of working.
- Develop and implement creative tools: press releases, presentation formats, reporting documents and client agendas.
- Continually seek to identify new talent outside of the traditional sphere: taste makers, industry leaders, opinion formers.
- Nurture, support and develop junior team members; Be a role model and inspire confidence by making space for creative thinking and encourage the exchange of ideas.
- Oversee Account Executives as they maintain contact databases, editorial rotas, calendars, publication management and take responsibility for server administration.
- Contributing to, and overseeing the delivery of, daily, weekly and/or monthly coverage reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring Account Executive work streams are completed on time, and to an excellent standard – motivating them to be their best.
- Impressive written communication skills, from emails through to press releases and proposals - the way we write is our currency.
- A team player with a positive, flexible, can-do attitude and good sense of humour - we thrive on being a team who can collaborate and work together even at the busiest of times.
- Strong team management skills and a confident, motivational leader – we lead by example.
- Visible desire to forge relationships amongst your industry peer group.
- Constant contribution to idea generation: bringing your inevitable natural ability to the table across daily agency discussions and ultimately, bringing new and innovative ideas to our clients.
- Immaculate attention to detail; Proven experience in prioritising tasks, maintaining workloads and the ability to multitask across several clients.
- Experienced in using Launchmetrics (Fashion GPS).
- Excellent analytical skills; proficient using Excel, Word & PowerPoint, Google Drive and all its features.
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate interest in culture - not only contemporary and luxury fashion, but also art, design, music, entertainment, and societal commentary.
- A genuine interest and understanding of social media platforms, alongside a broad knowledge of tastemakers who lead in the luxury fashion, lifestyle, and entertainment space.
- Knowledge of how to monitor, track and analyse results generated from coverage is essential.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in luxury public relations.