Gemstone Acquisition Grader
The Gemstone Acquisition Grader is responsible for reviewing gemstones and assisting in the maintenance of Tiffany & Co. quality parameters. The GA grader understands priorities and departmental projects as set forth by GA management and maintains projected productivity levels based on these priorities by completing the full grading process with efficiency and accuracy while applying appropriate GA policies and procedures in all aspects of the grading process. This position may require additional projects and responsibilities deemed necessary to support Gemstone Acquisition goals.
- Apply Tiffany & Co. gemological standards for all aspects of Pearl and Colored Stone grading across all department categories
- Verify quantity, weight, size, and all details of gemstones delivered against memo.
- Grade gemstones according to finished good specifications on Style Sheets.
- Make detailed notes for the supplier on gemstones being returned and participate in Supplier Feedback Loop. Consult with Lead grader/management to discuss high percentage memo returns.
- Identify item numbers and make clear notes of all necessary information.
- Assist with Gemstone Repairs by identifying replacement or polish requirements.
- Assist management as needed on other gemological tasks or special projects
- Sarin, GemePro and photography of serialized stones
- Accuracy of RTV (Return to Vendor) codes to enable tracking of supplier performance
- Enter and Update JDE Grading screens and Gemstone Attribute records
- Ensure accuracy of Lab Report Information
- Entry and accuracy of GA Efficiency Tracker to manage daily productivity goals
- Responsible for participation in regularly scheduled verification of instruments and lab equipment.
- Participate in Cycle Counts and High Value Report checks on a rotating basis.
- Adhere to all Tiffany & Co. workplace policies and procedures and ongoing compliance with 6S
- Graduate Gemologist
- Aptitude utilizing J.D. Edwards, MS programs such as Excel and Word. Comprehensive understanding of Gemepro.
- Ability to photograph stones is desired.
- Expert knowledge and experience of all grading laboratory equipment such as microscope, loupe, Sarin Machine; leverage gauge, Melee scope.
- Ability to think strategically and independently to implement steps to achieve goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with multiple staff and management levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated partnership.
- Compliance with all company policies & procedures including but not limited to safety, confidentiality, security, attendance
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing priorities and willing to change responsibilities within the Department as needed by the business
- Ability to work with a microscope for extended periods
- Creative and analytical skills