A new and exciting role has become available to join Sister Jane's team.
This role will see the successful candidate supporting finance and accounting functions during a time of strong growth and transformation in the business.
This role is an extremely attractive role for a dynamic and entrepreneurial individual studying towards their qualification and who is attracted to join a fast growing international team and play a key role in the development and growth of the business.
The main roles and responsibilities involved are:
- Responsible for Accounts Payable working closely with management and the operations team and keep oversight of the expense approval process
- Deal with supplier invoice queries and assist on supplier statement reconciliations and supplier payment processes
- Oversee the Accounts Receivable ledger and work with the sales and wholesale operations team on invoice, credit queries and customer statement processing
- Provide ad hoc reports on payable and receivable status
2. Stock Movements Auditing
- Perform regular checks on the internal ERP system to verify stock variances
- Investigate with the relevant teams any discrepancies
- Provide regular stock valuation reports to management
3. Administration and Compliance
- Provide support on ad hoc financial and compliance procedures
- Work with management to review and improve ad hoc processes to streamline approval and compliance workflows
- Liaise with company accountants and assist resolving unreconciled transactions
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities and qualifications:
- Studying for a recognised accountancy qualification (such as ACA/ACCA/CIMA etc.) with ideally half the exams passed.
- Relevant fashion industry or similar experience with intimate knowledge of stock accounting and international import/export preferable
- Experience working within a multi-cultural and international team
- Good knowledge of Xero and its app ecosystem
- High proficiency in Excel
- A good understanding of IT processes and strong curiosity to find and implement new solutions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to summarise and explain processes clearly and concisely
- Excellent attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Well organised and effective person with good time management and prioritisation skills
- Eager to take responsibilities and take initiative