Senior Manager, Photography Planning
- Long Island City, New York
- Closing date
- 4 Nov 2022
- Senior Manager
- Full Time
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Senior Manager, Photography Planning will oversee the Photo Planning team. The Senior Manager will work with several teams, internal and external to creative, to administrate the selling photography (PDP) process and will be the owner of the process in considerations to photography. The Senior Manager will ensure smooth procedural flows of asset creation and vendor imagery from the turn in stage thru to final image approval for both the New York and Cheshire, CT operations. The Senior Manager will be the primary advocate for the process at every level and stage and will work with the team and cross functional partners to gain efficiency and report on the different aspects of the process.
- Manage and coordinate photo planning/PDP workflow at our NYC studio and our Cheshire studio operations.
- Oversee PDP (selling photography) process in partnership with Retouching, Copy, Site Merchandising and MIO.
- Collaborate with Associate Creative Directors to formulate comprehensive strategies to efficiently execute and improve all photographic processes. Communicate efficiency goals to third party studio partners.
- Lead and inspire the teams for elevated engagement, problem solving, decision-making and presentations of metrics and proposals. Work with direct reports to allocate project workload, direct and evaluate the efficiency of the staff.
- Mentor and grow team members - identify and adapt new components to the processes with the goal of total involvement and efficient, cost effect processes
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year college or university
- 5+ years related experience
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- A thorough understanding of web production and the capabilities within digital and print channels
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing, and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert