Bartender - Studio 59, Full Time: 59th Street
- Day-1 Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for eligible colleagues
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Holiday Time-Off & Flexible Scheduling
- Instant access to earned wages with PayActiv
- Enhanced benefits: pet, home & auto insurance & more
- 401(k) plan options available
- Bonus earning opportunities
- Growth potential opportunities
- Employee Discount at Bloomingdale's & Macy's Stores
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Bartender's primary responsibility is to provide caring hospitality in a full-service restaurant environment by preparing and serving alcoholic beverages according to company, Health Department, and State and Federal regulations.
- Adhere to company policy and State and Federal regulations regarding service of alcohol including taking all steps necessary to ensure proper age of all persons consuming alcohol served on the premises and refusing to serve any person who appears to be intoxicated or might become intoxicated from consuming additional alcohol
- Follow Food Division Standards and Best Practices and maintain work area/equipment in accordance with Health Department
- Prepare and present all beverages following recipes and merchandising standards
- Possess a strong working knowledge of wine, beer, and the varieties of alcohol
- Educate, sample, and serve customers food and beverage
- Service multiple customers and communicate customer requests or concerns to manager on duty
- Account for all product served by balancing and recording all sales, turning in accountability forms, charge slips, and cash
- Operate POS system to ring in customer orders and control the flow of cash
- Open and close area following appropriate checklist, verifying completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the area
- Maintain stock levels and standards in product presentation
Qualifications and Competencies:
High Scool Diploma or equivalent required
3-5 years related experience
- Must be at least 21 years old to serve alcohol.
- Previous restaurant/hospitality experience is preferred.
- Bartending certifications and training are preferred.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve priorities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Requires periods of walking, standing, hearing, talking , reaching with extended arms, crouching and climbing ladders.
- Frequent use of computers and other office equipment.
- Must be able to use a calculator and make change using American monetary units.
- Requires close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs.