Head of Product
To be responsible for the full product supply chain, from collection creation to delivery of finished goods.
This role is responsible for overseeing the full product supply chain from collection planning to delivery of quality bulk production. It will also be jointly responsible with the management of Logistics and delivery to wholesale and ecommerce accounts.
Working with the Creative Director and Heads of Department/Managers across the business to ensure that critical path is adhered to, and that the collection is both creative and commercial and meets its deadlines throughout the entire process, ensuring to meet and improve margins.
This position will be responsible for the sourcing and relationship management with all product suppliers and must have the requisite amount of experience in problem solving production issues in a highly dynamic environment.
This candidate must possess the ability to see the bigger picture and forward plan, implementing business strategy, evolving overall department processes and efficiencies while providing support and guidance to the product teams.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Collection and Production strategy planning – working closely with the business targets to support strategy implementation and delivery through collection planning, sourcing and deliveries, taking into consideration the team structure, supplier base, budgets, margins and critical paths.
- To work in conjunction with the Head of Commercial to set delivery/logistics targets, supporting the Logistics Manager with logistics planning and ensuring on time deliveries.
- Responsible for setting and managing the full product life cycle critical path ensuring that Design, CD, Production and Logistics work flow, works hand in hand, ensuring deadlines for commercial and operational departments are met.
- Set the Collection Development budgets, supporting Product Development and Atelier teams to manage, using initiative to make improvements where possible.
- To work closely with Commercial team to ensure a robust merchandising plan is set and support design to meet requirements, to deliver a well-rounded collection, ensuring a balance of creative messaging, and meeting the needs of the consumer.
- Supporting the product team with sourcing of suppliers, ensuring supplier terms are set and agreed pre production stage, ensuring all suppliers are compliant with industry standards.
- To work closely with the Product Development and Atelier team to develop technical instruction through tech packs, in preparation for production handover.
- To support Product Development and Production to ensure accurate zedonk input.
- Ultimately responsible for accurate costings pre pricing stage to ensure that margins are considered, analysing areas of potential.
- To sign off the factory allocation at production stage, ensuring maximum margin growth, whilst maintaining on time deliveries and quality production.
- To have overall financial planning and cash flow review of product teams, reporting directly to the CEO and CFO on a weekly/ monthly/ seasonal basis.
- Responsible for invoice sign off and accurate implementation of PO process across full product teams.
- To implement and perfect garment construction, measurement and sizing information.
- Taking part in fittings where appropriate at development through to production stages, ensuring that the brand standards are being followed and to support with the implementation of process.
- Ensuring to set production delivery targets to meet business requirements.
- Support the Production Manager in setting quality control standards and QC targets per supplier.
- To manage weekly/ monthly reporting from development, production and logistics to assess and manage deliveries.
- Set and manage team KPI’s.
- Review end of season reporting with board of directors, feeding the information to the relevant teams.
- Review of weighted margins throughout season (pricing, books close, end of season).
- Maintain and reinforce business standards throughout the collection development and production process.
- Assessing the structure and actioning training where appropriate.
- 8+ years experience in the fashion industry.
- In-house luxury brand experience.
- Management experience essential.
- Great analytical and numerical skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Financial planning and management essential.
- Technical garment construction essential – pattern, construction, grading.
- Capable of making decisions independently.
- To have a positive, hands on and “can-do” attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills – Microsoft office Zedonk experience essential.
- Forward-thinker with the ability to articulate point of view and improve processes.
- Ability to quickly recognise, diagnose and solve for challenges and workflow.
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail.
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure the best customer experience.