Founded in 2010, JOOR now services more than 13,3000 brands and over 380,000 retailers in 150 countries, processing an incredible $1.5B in wholesale transaction volume each and every month. Backed by Macquarie Group, Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series D start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management platform that transforms the way these businesses work.
With a CEO recently named a Glossy 50 "Changemaker in the Fashion Industry", JOOR is attracting top talent to drive market dominance. We have over 200 employees in 12 global offices, including NYC, Philadelphia, LA, Milan, London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Melbourne, Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai. And, we are continuing to grow in a smart, sound way.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable generating frequent financial reports for senior management. They should track financial information in a well-organized manner and assist the Controller in all aspects related to finance at the organization. This candidate should be comfortable analyzing balance sheets in order to forecast revenue and keep track of accounts payable and receivable. You have a passion for scaling accounting activities to support international growth and will play a key leadership role on the team in partnering with the business and operational teams. The successful candidate will report to the Global Controller in managing all areas of international accounting and certain payroll activities to help build our processes.
What You'll Do:
- Assist accounting team with general corporate accounting functions in Europe subsidiaries of US parent (UK, France, Italy)
- Act as a financial business partner for key stakeholders within the business unit
- Liaise with and manages external auditors and be a POC for external auditors
- To review and coordinate international statutory filings
- Maintain and enhance financial system integrity through data clean-up, process improvements and system feature/capability upgrades.
- Own transactional accounting for areas such as bank and credit card transactions, AP, payroll entry, and expense reporting, with an emphasis on processes to streamline the work as the company grows.
- Assist Controller with regional Account Receivable analysis and engage cross functionally to achieve collections targets and/or manage risk
- Drive short-term process improvements with a keen eye toward longer term finance transformation improvements
- Strong communication and relationship building skillsXTeamwork-oriented, dedicated to support the team
We would LOVE to hear from you:
- 5+ years accounting experience, preferably in a fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and management accounts processes
- Experience of transactional full-cycle general ledger, accounts payable, journals including processing disbursements
- Experience managing 3rd party bookkeeping firms
- Prior experience working with an international organization and US parent is strongly preferred
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills, as well as attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
What We Offer:
- Market-leading base salary and performance-based bonuses
- Access to Market Weeks to see the product in action
- Collaborate with our teams in NY, LA, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia and Tokyo
- Need a break? Generous “My Time” policy - We want you at your best!
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company off-sites, Meetups and speaker series
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company’s performance in relation to revenue and growth
We are one of the few tech companies with a female CEO and 1/3 of our engineering team is made up of women — well above the industry norm. Walking our floors, you'll find people of every shape, color, ethnicity and creed. If you are looking to join a team of innovators and trail blazers who value diversity of thought and experience, then JOOR may just be the place for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Excited about the role but still not 100% you fit the criteria? We would still love to hear from you!