Director of Analytics
Director of Analytics
Founded in 2010, JOOR now services more than 13,300 brands and over 380,000 retailers in 150 countries, processing an incredible $1.7B in wholesale transaction volume each month. Backed by Macquarie Group, Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series D start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management platform that transforms the way these businesses work.
With a CEO recently named a Glossy 50 "Changemaker in the Fashion Industry", JOOR is attracting top talent to drive market dominance. We have over 200 employees in 12 global offices, including NYC, Philadelphia, LA, Milan, London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Melbourne, Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai. And, we are continuing to grow in a smart, sound way.
We’re looking for a Director of Analytics who’s excited to join a growing data and analytics team at JOOR. This person will be a player-coach, responsible for ensuring decisions made by humans and machines are informed by data. You’ll work closely with members of the analytics team, technology team, and stakeholders across the business to deliver highly impactful solutions. This role will report directly to JOOR’s CTO.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with stakeholders and other members of the analytics team to deliver analytic tools including dashboards, reports, and other data products that enable stakeholders to self-serve.
- Act as a player-coach, with 50% of time managing and 50% of time spent conducting hands-on work.
- Build, configure, and maintain high-quality data infrastructure and data products in conjunction with the larger tech team.
- Work on strategic projects in alliance with Sales, Customer Success and Marketing.
- Work with the Product team to externalize data for the benefit of our clients.
- Collaborate with other members of the analytics team to continuously improve processes, ensuring data accessibility, quality, and maintainability.
- Investigate new ways to gain value from data by using machine learning.
- Hire new members of the team as headcount is approved.
- Collaborate with teams in NY, LA, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris and Philadelphia.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline.
- 5+ years related experience as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Data Engineer or similar.
- 1-2 years of experience managing a small, nimble team, or experience as a project leader where you have oversight and accountability.
- Proficiency in writing high quality, performant SQL against complex data sources. Familiarity with dimensional data modeling concepts and modern data architectures (The interview process will include testing, so you must be technically proficient).
- Experience as administrator of at least one BI platform like Periscope, Looker, or Tableau.
- Proficiency in at least one a scripting or statistical programming language (i.e. R or Python), the command line, and git.
- Strong professional communication skills with both technical & non-technical audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and project management skills.
What We Offer :
- Access to Market Weeks to see the product in action.
- Collaborate with our teams in global offices around the world
- Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company off sites, meetups and speaker series
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company's performance in relation to revenue and growth.
We are one of the few tech companies with a female CEO and 1/3 of our engineering team is made up of women — well above the industry norm. Walking our floors, you'll find people of every shape, color, ethnicity and creed. If you are looking to join a team of innovators and trail blazers who value diversity of thought and experience, then JOOR may just be the place for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Excited about the role but still not 100% you fit the criteria? We would still love to hear from you!