- Karla Otto
- Seoul (KR)
- Closing date
- 13 Aug 2022
- PR & Communications
- Director / President / C Suite
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Title: Account Director |Fashion
Supervisor: Vice President | Seoul
KO Office: Seoul
ABOUT KARLA OTTO
Karla Otto is an international public relations and brand strategy agency for luxury industry leaders. Our network of offices spans seven cities worldwide: Milan, Paris, London, New York, Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Dubai and Japan. With 30 years of experience shaping and communicating the unique vision of our clients, we have a deep understanding of the dynamic cultural landscape and intuition that drives industry innovation.
Karla Otto represents over 70 high-profile clients worldwide. Our expertise encompasses a broad spectrum of industries that includes fashion, luxury, beauty, art, design, lifestyle and charitable organizations. We provide focused solutions to our client's needs moving from the strategic thinking to the communication plan including all the services we believe crucial to convey in the most effective way the brand positioning.
RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS, SKILLS
To support our growing team in Seoul, Korea, we are looking for a dynamic and motivated Account director to work on our portfolio of luxury fashion clients.
The Account Director will play an essential role in supporting the Vice President on the development and execution of: generating maximum brand exposure through creative product placement, profile features and launches. The Account Director must have a genuine passion for developing fashion brands, using true initiative in order to achieve exceptional results. Impeccable client liaison skills and an established network of key contacts (brands and press) are essential.
Reporting to the Vice President, the Account Director’s responsibilities include increasing awareness for all brands represented by the team. In this role the Account Director will promote the different clients in all activities, campaigns, special projects, shows and events to the media, general public and external audiences and to develop and maintain relationships with key journalists and media, acting as an ambassador for Karla Otto.
Assist and working closely with the Vice President:
- Develop forward planning document and strategy for the season ahead for the collection and product launches, product focuses and events and implement accordingly
- Draft, edit and disseminate press releases and other relevant PR materials
- Build on existing exceptional media relationships within the industry while also creating new contacts (long-lead and short-lead, mainstream media, trade and blogs with Fashion, Lifestyle, Design, Art). Act as an ambassador amongst all key target media at appropriate levels
- Pitch, secure and accomplish/manage fashion news stories / brand and design features in all key media
- Suggest ideas/initiatives/ strategies to drive brand awareness
- Develop media/ influencer seeding programme where appropriate which will then be executed by Account Manager
- Keep an overview of collections and sample loan activities. Oversee and manage Account manager and PR assistant.
- Assist with advise and support when necessary Assist with the show seating and all logistics around the shows furing fashion week (push and arrange interviews, pre-views, resees etc.)
- Ensure positive communication with clients and international Karla Otto offices
- Participate in client meetings and calls
- Engage in department and agency initiatives as needed Possess good understanding of all internal communications strategies, tools and systems to ensure alignment with overall brand messaging. Able to drive both internal and external communications when needed Acquire knowledge and skills to work with Fashion GPS within all relevant areas (sample trafficking, events, shows, database)
- Graduate (or equivalent) with proven experience in a Senior PR role within a luxury fashion environment
- Prerequisites include strong managerial and organizational skills – together with the Vice President to oversee, manage, and develop all tasks and responsibilities of Account Manager, Coordinator, and Assistant
- Demonstrate solid understanding of and ongoing interest in the (luxury) fashion industry
- A responsive and understanding approach to client management
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Able to identify communication opportunities through a pro-active approach Proven experience of working in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work to tight deadlines. Excellent prioritizing and time management.
- Discreet, professional and articulate, with excellent communication skills
- Extremely well-organized, methodical and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and initiative
- Strong presentation & superb writing skills
- Proficient in English
- Having a visionary and opportunistic approach to new business development
- Strong computer skills including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, Fashion GPS
- Competitive package (12 months salary plus discretionary bonus)
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1982, Karla Otto is a full-service brand-building agency, operating from twelve cities across the globe, Milano, Paris, London, Munich, Dubai, New York, Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul.
WHAT WE DO
Karla Otto’s service is unparalleled. Built on the founder’s pioneering spirit, discerning eye and intuition, our global team is dedicated to delivering work that expertly combines detail and local precision with large-scale impact.
Blending the best of fashion, beauty, design, lifestyle, and arts & culture, we offer a panoramic view of opportunities and the ability to execute complex ideas.
Our loyal network and unrivalled approach to culture and community enables us to take brands to brave new territories.
At Karla Otto we are always interested in hearing from our industry's experts in Strategy, Creative, Talent, Experiences and Communication. If you are a driven to deliver excellence, agile and conscientious, as well as want to work with remarkable clients, please review our openings.
The Independents is a global group of industry leaders across luxury and lifestyle, comprising Bureau Betak, Karla Otto, Bureau Future, K2, The Qode and Lefty. The collective is powerfully positioned to offer streamlined strategy, creative, talent, influencer marketing, experiences and communications services for leading brands across key territories. To find out more, please visit:
- +44 207 287 9890
30 Sackville Street — London W1S 3DY
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert