Merchandiser - 12 Month Maternity Cover
Reports to: Head of Merchandising
- Every day the energy, creativity and passion of Manolo permeates through our business.
- We believe in the artist and the artisan; we are innovative while still protecting our heritage.
- We strive for timeless beauty and quality craftmanship.
- We celebrate curiosity and believe in working proactively and being solution focused.
- We believe in upholding family values; we treat everyone with honesty, respect and kindness while nurturing our teams to deliver excellence.
- We believe in making people smile.
To analyse and support the commercial performance of the Manolo Blahnik business across the retail, wholesale and Ecommerce channels. Provide the Head of Merchandising (HOM) and Senior Leadership Team with coherent analysis of the commercial process from initial ordering through to retail sell-through of collections for each commercial channel.
- Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly D2C sales analysis, for classic and seasonal products across both Mens and Womens categories, by line, and door.
- Using data to optimise the sales volume and profitability of all designated product areas ensuring the stock is in the correct channel for optimum FP sell through.
- Analyse and monitor best and worst sellers and make informed recommendations for action.
- Collaborate with Retail and Digital to drive sales as well as converting slow sellers.
- Partner with UK and USA Wholesale teams to compile clients sell through reports.
- Provide regular market analysis including key competitors product assortments and price points with a view to providing insight into additional sales opportunities, including missed sales, by product typology/size bridge.
- Support in developing seasonal range plans based on sell in/out, by channel specific needs, evolving trends, consumer needs and price.
- Management of the NOOS programme, ensuring replenishments are ordered on time, and are in line with current market needs.
- Development of retail budgets vs sales plan and sell through, including margin analysis and Mark down. Work with HOM and Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) to create seasonal OTB, and the planning of budgets by category, option count, and depth of buy based on the overall business and financial goals of the company.
- Monitor and maintain stock as per KPI’s set according to OTB.
- Link between all regional teams to ensure alignment on all strategies set.
- Prepare documentation for retail and press orders, taking ownership of uploading orders in partnership with Systems and IT.
- Collaborate with the Ecommerce and regional Retail teams during seasonal product selection to ensure the correct number of skus and units are bought in line with KPI's set, and coherency across the regions and channels.
- Ensure product availability online and in store to support campaigns and events.
- Seasonal strategic markdown proposals, taking all regional feedback into account, protecting margin and slow stock intake.
- Work closely with Retail and Logistics to monitor weekly intake, identifying supply chain issues and finding solutions.
- Management of virtual warehouse allocations and stock movements.
- Sample sales and liquidation strategies.
- Review and monitor in-season delivery performance on a product line/store level to promote timely and coherent product stories are delivered wherever possible, flagging potential issues as necessary.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including Product Development, Production, Marketing & Communications, Ecommerce, Wholesale and Retail.
- Manage day to day queries/problems that arise within the department.
- Producing and analysing information for meetings.
- Presenting figures, providing information and contribute within meetings with senior management.
Any other tasks as requested.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in planning or commercial support and development, ideally within luxury brand.
- Be capable of independent working and decision making but a strong team player, ready to support your peers as required.
- Deadline focused - you anticipate and meet all deadlines and are committed to the completion of each task.
- Intellect: Excellent analytical, report-writing skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a strong, solution-based mindset. Ability to prioritise tasks, and ensure delivery of results within tight deadlines.
- Communication: Strong and effective presentation skills and ability to converse with a diverse range of people at all levels.
- Proficient in MS Office, in particular Excel.
- Pace: Ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment by being flexible and adaptable.
- Excellence: High level of finesse and excellence required in delivery of all tasks.
Skills and Experience Desired:
- Experience of Retail IS reporting and systems implementation.
- Footwear knowledge and experience.
- Italian language skills is advantageous.