At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
To achieve service levels through the effective motivation and utilisation of the team within agreed levels of quality, cost and efficiency.RESPONSIBILITIES
- To control and allocate work, monitoring progress to ensure hourly/ daily/ weekly/ workload and tasks are completed, keeping line management fully informed of any operational issues.
- Ensure enough operators are performing at appropriate skill level to meet the planned output, identify for future training needs and ensure effective training is carried out to maintain operational efficiency.
- To continually monitor individual performance (efficiency, speed, accuracy, quality, attendance, attitude and behaviour), taking necessary action where appropriate to improve standards.
- In conjunction with HR, ensure that poor performance is addressed, handle grievances and discipline within the parameters of company procedure.
- Plan the loading of output/demand in conjunction with other Team Leaders/Departmental Manager to achieve best department efficiency.
- Identify and implement new working processes or methods and seek continuous improvement to increase efficiency/output/quality and information flow, liaising with the Department Manager as appropriate
- Ensure the company health and safety policy is followed by all operators within the section, and maintain the required levels of housekeeping.
- Ensure company AEO and GOTS polices are followed and maintained
- To act as a demonstrating role model the company values and support corporate and factory policy and objectives.
- To maintain stock integrity through a perpetual stock taking programme and the monitoring of all stock transactions.
- To accurately handle all transactions of stock moving in and out of the warehouse department including receipting of all deliveries and handling delivery and invoicing discrepancies to completion.
- To produce and update picking lists in a timely manner and monitor ongoing performance of picking and dispatching
- Previous experience of managing a team of warehouse operatives
- Able to prioritise and manage own workload
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive approach to tasks
- Experience working with UPS Documentation
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Keighley || INTERNAL MANUFACTURING || BURBERRY MILL || n/a ||