Messenger Center Coordinator - Part-Time 11am-4pm, Monday-Friday
- Day-1 Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for eligible colleagues
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Holiday Time-Off & Flexible Scheduling
- Fully Funded Education Benefits (100% tuition coverage including books and fees)
- Instant access to earned wages with PayActiv
- Enhanced benefits: pet, home & auto insurance & more
- 401(k) plan options available
- Bonus earning opportunities
- Growth potential opportunities
- Employee Discount at Bloomingdale's & Macy's Stores
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Messenger Center Coordinator supports the flow of deliveries and shipments as well as the operational and service needs for our Corporate offices. This role interfaces with the Merchant and Marketing pyramids, making decisions on vendor sample movement to and from the offices. The Coordinator is responsible for facility related functions such as pantry support and conference room organization.
- Responsible for the coordination of receiving and shipping all incoming and outgoing 3rd party deliveries and logging all activity. Transportation of packages to and from the Messenger Center (loading dock) and the 27th floor Messenger Center.
- Receive all inbound deliveries from USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, USPS, Messenger, Staples, Bunzl and inter-store.
- Coordinate all incoming/outgoing messenger packages and vendor samples.
- Handle confidential communications and information that may have financial implications and expeditiously scan to recipient to ensure timely receipt.
- In partnership with the Merchandise Marketing team, maintain categorization of samples in holding closets/rooms, ensuring product is available when needed and returned to vendor once project is completed.
- Receive, stock, maintain and fill-in all supplies including printer paper and pantry beverage items.
- Support conference room set up and video conferencing set-up through work-order form completion and submission.
- Coordinate shipping supplies and place orders following budgetary guidelines.
Qualifications and Competencies
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of six months to one year of previous operational and/or messenger center experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Effective communicator both verbally and written with confidence to follow up as required.
- Strong analytic skills with an eye for detail and use of critical thinking skills in decision making.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Basic computer skills: MS Word/Excel. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Must be able to use Outlook to send and receive emails.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
- This position requires constant moving and standing.
- Must be able to stand for at least two consecutive hours.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- May occasionally be required to reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders.
- May have to reach above eye level.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits .
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range
Candidates in Nevada: Click here for Pay Range