Handbag Product Developer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with Design, Merchandising, Production and Technical to develop a collection that is commercial and in line with the brand aesthetic.
- Supporting Design in delivering a range that’s commercial, within target margin, and on-time, in line with seasonal sales campaign deadlines.
- Coordinating and presentation of all sample edit meetings.
- Working on two main collections plus two capsule collections a year, from initial sketch thru to commercialization.
- Coordinating closely with the shoe development team on all materials and trims and stories.
- Daily communication with global suppliers and building strong working relationships.
- Create tech packs for the complete collection. Launch all artworks and sample requests with suppliers.
- Source high quality materials and launching material developments in line with target margin.
- Communicating all design and technical comments to suppliers.
- Initial product set-up of seasonal line sheets.
- Frequent travel to factories and suppliers.
- Track all proto and sales samples.
- On-going search for new suppliers and techniques.
PRINCIPAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Will have at least 3-5 years in a luxury Handbag Product Development role.
- A strong attention to detail
- Good understanding of the product development process, and ability to initiate samples from artworks and sketches.
- Strong technical knowledge in handbags and accessories.
- Good understanding of embroideries, prints and hardware development.
- Candidate must be able to work to critical path deadline and have a flexible approach to the role.
- Organization and clear communication are critical to the role.
- Good knowledge of costing and pricing structures.
- Background in sourcing new suppliers and factories.
- Creative and able to think out of the box. Solutions driven.
- Bilingual in Spanish and Italian is a plus.
WORKING AT SOPHIA WEBSTER
We have set a high bar to create the current Sophia Webster team. We are looking for talented, hardworking and capable people with the right values, who want to do their best work with us.
We offer in return:
- Great learning opportunities;
- Strong career progression;
- Fair and competitive salaries;
- Generous product allowance;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.