Ecommerce & Stores
Maybourne Hotel Group
We are looking for an experienced Buyer to join our growing retail team. Working across the group’s five hotels, to continue to grow and develop a cohesive luxury product offer reflecting each of the hotels aesthetic, location and guest. A multi-channel role, working across Ecommerce platforms and physical boutiques.
With ambitious plans for the retail business, this is an opportunity to join the team as we further define the strategy and establish the offer. An entrepreneurial approach and creative thinking will be key.
Maybourne Hotel Group which owns and manages Claridge's, The Connaught, The Berkeley, The Maybourne Beverly Hills and The Maybourne Riviera – five of the world's most renowned hotels. Our hotels have histories that stretch back over a century. And, while each one retains its timeless appeal and individual nature, we are committed to ensuring they are always in tune with the wants and wishes of today’s discerning guests.
Scope and Purpose
In this role you will be responsible for sourcing and development of a cohesive product assortment. Working across Ecom and physical stores, you will have experience working in a multi-channel environment within the luxury market.
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- In this role you will work across food, drink, fashion, home, beauty categories;
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills, you will feel confident managing budgets and forecasting where necessary;
- Work with the Head of Retail on seasonal strategy and forecasting. Partnering to plan the OTB and to monitor and review in season, taking action or making recommendations to the HOR as necessary. Drive and implement creative new concepts for our customer base;
- Actively source new suppliers and brand partnerships/collaborations;
- Use sales and performance information to steer the Buying team to maximise opportunities;
- With clear planning and strategic thinking, work to deliver agreed key KPI’s, i.e Margins, £ sales plan, sustainability goals Reinforce the brand by ensuring the desired quality standards for food, packaging, fit, fabric etc are achieved and sustainably sourced in line with our sustainability goals & expectations;
- Continually strive to improve and build mutually effective supplier relationships, as well as identify new sourcing opportunities and provide focused, clear development direction to the current supplier base Actively collaborate on the management of the Ecom business;
- Work with marketing and PR to pinpoint coverage opportunities Work with the digital marketing team on seasonal strategies Carry out research, including Comp Shops, regarding new / emerging brands, market trends;
- Communicate effectively with local & international store teams, particularly with regard to new season launches and product training.
With a solid understanding of the luxury market, you’ll be able to apply your commercial experience to sourcing and collaborating with interesting and innovative designers, makers and producers. Ideally with multi-category experience, you will be used to sourcing and managing a diverse portfolio of brands and have worked in both NPD and selection buying.
- Experience in a multi-channel business would be highly beneficial;
- Experience in Shopify beneficial;
- Previous experience at Buyer level in a luxury, multi-channel environment. Previous experience of planning the OTB and monitoring and reviewing in season, taking action or making recommendations where necessary;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- Entrepreneurial approach and can-do attitude essential;
- Ecommerce experience;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Highly numerate;
- Ability to multi-task and strong organisational skills;
- Proficiency in Excel.
In return we offer fantastic industry leading rewards and benefits, including:
- Excellent salary and benefits
- Exceptional opportunity for personal training and development
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities
- 50% Food and Beverage discount across the Maybourne Hotel Group Hotel
- Guest experience for employees
- Social events and activities
- Preferential room rates for yourself and your family
- Brilliant employee recognition programs
- Travel card loan
- Pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance helpline and occupational health service
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.