GRAPHIC DESIGNER – NEW YORK-BASED
Dion Lee is looking for an exceptional graphic designer to join the brand and marketing team in the New York studio. The ideal candidate will be a multidisciplinary designer working in a collaborative environment alongside our creative team. They will participate in the creation and production of visual content and elevate design for Dion Lee’s digital, social, and retail communication channels – encompassing website, email, social and off-site marketing etc. The graphic designer will elevate the brand voice, creative storytelling, and expression across all brand marketing and define the visual identity of the brand.
- Design and production of digital content for DIONLEE.COM and social networks
- Graphic creation/web design of new pages and/or features on the DIONLEE.COM site
- Partner cross-functionally each season with brand strategy, merchandising, design, visual merchandising, and store operations to help develop compelling content strategies and programs in-line with the brand vision
- Design of social media assets with a focus on the brand social networks, Instagram, and Facebook (organic and paid), as well as those in Asia, including WeChat, T-Mall, Weibo etc.
- Visualise the seasonal social content plan (focus on Instagram), working with the Marketing team to ensure strong storytelling and alignment with the marketing calendar
- Assist in creating, distributing and management of seasonal campaign assets across all global organic and paid social channels
- Optimise all content for social/digital across pre-and post-production (e.g., briefing a campaign videographer, right through to cropping and editing third party content)
- Collaborate with eCommerce and Marketing teams to create high-quality content across other priority owned and paid channels such as newsletters, advertising, website etc.
- Develop animation, graphics, and font treatment/proposal for editorial, campaign assets
- Develop motion graphics for web and social media campaigns
- Design assets for a variety of marketing, PR, and business needs such as lookbooks, invitations, press packs and other brand materials and internal presentations.
- Adaptation and variation of campaigns for urban advertising display (billboards, street posters, in-store, etc.)
- Support Brand Manager across content shoots, video shoots and e-commercial shoots. Plan edits for video content
- Oversee the image editing process, including retouching, and resizing with speed and accuracy
- Packaging creation
- Help to develop the clear, innovative, and well-defined style and aesthetic of Dion Lee
- Self-manage creative outputs for day-to-day duties, and responsible for project timelines and prioritizing workload
- A Bachelor’s degree in graphic/communication design, art direction or a related field is preferred
- Relevant work experience in graphic/communication design in a similar role either in-house or at an agency, and/or within a luxury brand
- A standout portfolio with examples of multi-channel advertising campaigns, producing shoots & videos including print, social, digital etc.
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, FinalCut/Premiere Pro
- Knowledge of tools such as VectorWorks, Cinema 4D, Figma etc. is a very strong plus
- Ability to understand design concepts and think conceptually towards the greater brand vision and meet commercial objectives
- Strong command of digital design, typography, and color scheme
- Elevated eye for design, layout, and ability to adhere to brand guidelines
- Strong understanding of UX/UI best practices – Front end development skills a plus
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills, deadline-driven
- The ability to design packaging and store installation is a plus
- Ability to concept design solutions with limited direction
- Highly creative & innovative
Please include a link to your portfolio in your CV to be considered for this position.