About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.About the Role
In this role you will drive the success of one or more product categories by creating and meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals. The ideal candidate is curious, innovative, and focused on executing an amazing customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. Strong analytical and storytelling skills will serve you well, and a collaborative mindset is a must.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Develop top/down department/class sales and inventory plans that align with division objectives and own bottoms up financial reconciliation of class to department
- Own in season open to buy and pricing activities, representing style/class/department/product point of view in key meetings and working with peers to ensure consistency of information
- Manage projects and program execution within area of specialty and ensure quality of work
- Build strong cross brand and functional relationships to influence others and drive results, leveraging both internal and external insights
Benefits at Old Navy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and aptitude to learn technical applications quickly; proficiency in retail math
- Build constructive and effective partnerships with a broad and diverse group of business partners;
- Possess strong business acumen and strategic agility, able to handle many projects simultaneously while effectively prioritizing workload
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills, able to present ideas and directions that rally others to action
- Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results, and to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates - Non NYC
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates - NYC
Beginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).