Technical Design Intern
- Los Angeles, California
- Closing date
- 12 Aug 2022
- Production - Garments & Accessories
- Part Time
AMIRI is seeking a highly organized and motivated Technical Design Intern to join our Production Team! The ideal candidate is pursuing a degree in Fashion Design and is interested in furthering their knowledge in garment construction.
What You'll Do:
- Flat sketching in Illustrator.
- Creation of tech packs.
- Organize development & production samples.
- Assist Tech Designers in day-to-day tasks and responsibilities.
- Work with Designers for label / logo placement.
- Assist in updating weekly WIP reports.
Who You Are:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or related area.
- Basic knowledge of garment construction.
- Team player with a passion for Design & Development.
- Ability to work independently.
- Analytical skills and strong decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks.
Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, Mike Amiri built a formative philosophy from his upbringing in the heart of Hollywood. Along Sunset blvd, surrounded by graffiti artists, skaters and musicians, the groundwork for the AMIRI collection was formed through an authentic inspiration of Los Angeles nostalgia.
The AMIRI collection was launched in 2014 as an exclusive capsule within the Los Angeles boutique Maxfield. The pieces were designed to incorporate elements of California culture understood by natives, while also featuring street elements to define a new, modern form of luxury.
In 2015, the brand expanded distribution upon the sucess of the capsule and, in 2016, introduced women’s ready to-wear, footwear and accessories.
Each AMIRI collection is centered around local manufacturing, with RTW produced in the LA Arts District from materials sourced in Italy, Japan and France. The spirit of AMIRI pieces emanates from a genuine perspective combining irreverent, handmade expertise with luxurious, global fabrications.
Mike endeavors to consistently retain an individualized approach with each garment. Heritage elements such as distress detailing, signature denim washes and artisanal treatments are now synonymous with the AMIRI identity.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert