About PVH Corp.
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world.
We power brands that drive fashion forward - for good.
Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN and TOMMY HILFIGER brands.We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues. That's the Power of Us. That's the Power of PVH.About Tommy Hilfiger
TOMMY HILFIGERis one of the world's most recognized premium lifestyle brands, uplifting and inspiring consumers since 1985. The brand creates iconic style, which comes alive at the intersection of the classic and the new, co-created with people who are shaping culture around the world.TOMMY HILFIGERcelebrates the essence of classic American style with a modern twist. Tommy Hilfiger offers premium, quality and value to consumers worldwide under theTOMMY HILFIGERandTOMMY JEANS lifestyles, with a breadth of collections including men's, women's and kids' sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. Tommy Hilfiger has an unwavering commitment to sustainability and inclusivity.
Global retail sales ofTOMMY HILFIGERproducts were approximately $9.3 billion in 2021 and the brand is powered by more than 16,000 associates worldwide - present in 100 countries and more than 2,000 retail stores, including its largest global flagship store attommy.com.PVH acquired Tommy Hilfiger in 2010 and continues to oversee a focused approach to growing the brand's worldwide relevance, presence, and long term growth.Position Description and responsibilities:
- Reporting into the Senior Global Design Director and Global Creative Director, this role is an evolving role within our growing TH Accessories team. The TH Mens Accessories design team is a team of 3 designers that are based in our TH Headquarters' in Amsterdam. This team oversees the design of all of the Mens Mainline Accessories, TH Lab Accessories and Hilfiger Mens Collaborations and Global SMU's. They produce 4 mainline collections a year and an edited Hilfiger Runway Collection.
- The Design Manager is responsible for the design and development of all TH Mens Mainline handbags, small leather goods, belts and soft accessories.
- They are also responsible for the design and strategy of all men's hardware developments and the design language for the different tiers of the collection.
- They must collaborate with partners in merch, design and apparel to ensure the collection is aligned with expectations.
- They are the crucial point of contact for the SVP of the mens lifestyle and the mens apparel Design Directors.
- They also need to lead the collaboration with our Women's accessories Design Manager and our internal and external mens footwear design leads.
- The Senior Design Manager needs to have an in-depth overview of the whole collection, each season approx +/-200 styles (across all acc product categories) depending on whether it is a pre season or main season.
- Researching trends and performing market research that works into the Tommy Hilfiger mens brand strategy
- Making sure that the Tommy Hilfiger D.N.A. is seen in each collection
- Reviewing and understanding the design brief assigned by Chief Of Design for the season and using your strong communication skills to articulate anything that is not clear or you think
might be a miss for the season
- Working closely with product development managers and merchandising managers to ensure
the structure and outcome of the collection is aligned with the expectation of Senior Design
Director and Global Creative Director.
- Developing and understanding of fabrics, trims and innovation that is based on the correct
- Concept to consumer design and development
- Managing their time as well as the junior designers and senior designers in an efficient manner
to achieve deadlines.
- The Design Manager has to be the main lead in all design presentations (sketch review, proto
reviews, product strategy meetings and collaboration meetings.
- Degree at bachelor level - in Fashion Design or Product Design product development background
- Graduated at a degree level or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop) & hand-drawn skills
- Minimum 6+ years related experience in (a) leading acc brand(s), with experience of working
- Very commercial mentality with consumer insights
- Solid knowledge of accessories and hardware specifications
- Able to develop strong working relationships with management and external resources
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, and able to drive others
- Fluent in English,
- Luxury and mid market fabric mill / tannery knowledge is a plus.
- Highly productive
- Capable of working in a hectic and always changing environment
- Open communicator and able to work with a number of personalities
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting
- Is able to work in a highly productive, sometime hectic environment with a hands-on mentality
- Able to travel globally
PVH Europe and ourbrands,TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.COVID-19and Working at PVH
As we continue to navigate the impact ofCOVID-19, the health, safety and well-being of our associates remains our #1 priority. As a result, your recruiting processmay be conducted remotely, primarilyvia phone and video calls. Once you're onboard, you'll join in our Work Smart hybrid way of working, which is focused on connection, collaboration and community, with our dynamic offices and workspaces there to facilitate teamwork and innovation.
In your initial call, our Talent Acquisition Team will outline the full details of our Work Smart hybrid working policy, as well as any adapted measures that may be in place based on current government guidelines.