About Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 16,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were $9.2 billion in 2019
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a brand portfolio that includes TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's most recognized premium designer lifestyle groups and is recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Its focus is designing and marketing high-quality men's tailored clothing and sportswear, women's collection apparel and sportswear, kidswear, denim collections, underwear (including robes, sleepwear and loungewear), footwear and accessories. Through select licensees, Tommy Hilfiger offers complementary lifestyle products such as eyewear, watches, fragrance, swimwear, socks, small leather goods, home goods and luggage.The Team
Global Communications drives strategies and executions to enhance brand and business reputation, maximize brand exposure through earned and organic channels, deliver global alignment of consumer-facing communications channels, and lead all associate facing communications and engagement tactics.
Fitting within this group, Influence, Events & Earned Media focuses on the distribution of our brand and collection/product news across our owned and third-party channels, including the development of earned media partnerships and platforms. The team seeks to enhance brand reputation, deepen consumer awareness of key attributes/activations/Hero Products, attract new consumers within our target groups, and trial innovative new storytelling techniques.The Position
As a member of the Global Communications leadership team, the Sr. Director EIM Events provides strategic direction for creating Brand Fuel and connect the brands (WOH and TJ) to key Cultural moments in order to elevate our message to our current and future customers. She/he will also develop and execute the influencers and Talents marketing campaigns across social and offline channels.
Partnering with the Senior Director, Brand & Marketing Communications, TH Global, this leadership role seeks to set long term talents strategies in line with our Marketing objectives and brand purpose:
- Taking the communications frameworks and hierarchies provided by the Marketing Communications team, the EIM and Events Director manages our growing influencer team and helps optimize and scale our existing programs, reporting into the VP Brand Communications.
- Taking the seasonal and divisional communications strategies provided by the Brand Communications team, the EIM and Events Director guides the briefing process to all regional and local Culture marketing teams (in-house and agencies), ensuring these teams activate locally in a consistent and powerful way.
- Partnering with the Creative Directors for World of Tommy and World of Hilfiger, this leadership role will drive impact across all social channels and be responsible for the establishing and building relationships with key industry partners on social platforms.
- Reporting into the Vice President, Global Brand Marketing & Communications, Tommy Hilfiger, the role ensures innovative ways to manage the influencer and VIP strategy across gifting, events, activations and social content.
- Senior leader for all influencers and talents initiatives, heat and consumer interest through all third-party channels, including influencers activations, campaign, events and key cultural moments
- Have a strong understanding of pop culture and upcoming/ ongoing trends on social media platforms to keep teams informed about industry changes and new developments and social media feature updates
- Oversee any activities that create a global impact on the brand: VIPs and Talents, Events and cultural conversations.
- Oversee Talents, VIPs strategy and negotiate contracts and requirements with celebrities for which standing and seniority is a must.
- This Sr. Director will be in charge of leading the Talents and VIPs strategy, overseeing the Events strategy together with the team or agencies involved, and of course be the eye of the brand on new trends that arise.
- Lead the horizontal function with the scope to position the brand into cultural conversations and amplify our messages through events, celebrities and talents involvement together with disruptive activations ideas thanks to his/her contacts and knowledge of contemporary culture.
- The Sr. Director and his/her team will also be responsible in involving the right marketing teams in the planning and cascade down information across the organisation for their specific scope.
- Lead and continuously mine for consumer insights through relationships, consumer research and connections with the CtoC team that will help drive a strong category vision, create new consumer experiences, fuel our seasonal/category plans and provide an understanding of our consumer needs and behaviors.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Lead role in the creation and execution of seasonal initiatives & products that drive brand energy, fuel consumer demand and strengthen our connection with consumers
- Be in the know Study, understand and stay current on fashion, art, music, street and innovation trends.
- Incredible teammate and work across categories and functions to fuel our brand, including (but not limited to) World of Hilfiger (main collection) World of Tommy (Tommy Jeans), Metaverse, but also Brand Communications, Communications (PR)
- Identify opportunities to create the right artist and/or industry moments designed to deliver unique brand experiences and convert participation into our Marketing initiatives
- Create and foster strong relationship with every partner
- Establish a rich network in regional culture scenes to maintain awareness of emerging trends and opinions leaders
- Manage department budgets and ensure all department spend is aligned with team forecasts
- Manage and negotiate celebrity and ambassador contract negotiations and execution
- Managing global influencer contracts
- Coach and train the team on influencer selection, negotiations, delinquency, and engagement
- Drive creative ideas for influencers amongst the team - engaging with the team to execute creative and innovative ideas of how we work with Influencers
- Oversee the team's influencer gifting process
- Measure success of social media activations through KPIs and forecasting
- Develop and manage an Influencer calendar that we can leverage across all our social channels
- Minimum 10 year's experience in Marketing In a lead role, with a minimum of 4 years working directly in Influencer Marketing
- Experience managing influencer marketing team(s) of at least 5 people
- Must possess excellent written, verbal communications and especially negotiation skills
- Excellent knowledge and genuine passion for culture, fashion, Music, art design and have connection on the major key cities around the world
- A deep understanding of the social media landscape and community management through competitive research and industry expertise
- Must be a strong relationship builder - leverage your established network to access new fashion connections
What You Can Expect from Us:
- An understanding and working knowledge of marketing communications and storytelling with an emphasis on content in the digital and social media landscape
- Ability to identify a wide variety of culture trends and scenes on a regional and Global level
- Leader skills but also ready to help the team when needed
- Excellent time management and crisis management skills
- Knowledgeable of trending in pop culture, fashion, and lifestyle landscape
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A monthly Covid home- office budget
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work from home in the Netherlands, within a flexible schedule
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus awaiting you upon our return to the office
Please include a cover letter with your application. We would love to know why this is THE role for you!
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.