5 days left
- Full Time
ZIMMERMANN has an exciting opportunity for a Retail Buyer to join the team. This role will be responsible for buying existing product lines, utilising sound analytics combined with innovative ideas to provide strategic growth plans. Responsibilities also include range building of seasonal collections in line with business needs across all global retail sales channels.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a “hands-on” proactive approach and thrive working in a fast-paced team environment.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- In consultation with design, working on pre and in-season range development across the collection.
- Range building all categories in line with the global retail plan.
- Providing regular feedback to design on sales, international market trends, competitors, and areas of opportunity.
- Reviewing and aligning product strategy in consideration of business performance, company strategy and global market analysis.
- Identifying new product lines and categories that can be introduced into the product mix considering international luxury market trends.
- Retail Buying for the Global Business including Ecommerce stores.
- Manage success of each collection through developing and driving buying strategies that exceed financial goals within Open To Buy parameters, ensuring sales and stock optimisation.
- Optimise buying by store to maximise on opportunities by market, including market specific seasonal phasing and refined assortment planning.
- Presenting collections and global retail buy to key stakeholders in seasonal sign off process.
Pre & In Season Management
- Extensive pricing architecture research to help develop internal pricing structure and market knowledge of each product area.
- Working with Buying & Planning Managers to identify pre and in-season opportunities based off weekly & monthly sales and inventory performance.
- Working with retail, online, marketing and social teams to help drive sales across all retail channels.
Required skills and expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent retail experience.
- Ideally you will have 4-5 years of retail buying experience gained within a fashion and/or luxury environment.
- Demonstrated experience in Range Building and Product Development.
- Commercial awareness and strong business acumen.
- Passionate about exceeding corporate goals and driving business through an accomplished execution.
- Forecasting and analytical experience - ability to run detailed reports, strong analytical skills, with a strong aptitude for numbers.
- Proficient in Excel with demonstrated ability to create excel-based reports and templates.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, a high attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Flexible and able to quickly and effectively change priorities and direction.
- Experience with a retail management system like AP21.
This is an opportunity for an individual who strives for excellence within their chosen field and is passionate about contributing to the success of a global, growing business. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Zimmermann is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications ensuring a strong corporate commitment to diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.