Product Development Manager
Department: Product Development
Reports to: Head of Product
Line Reports: Senior Product Developer, Women's Product Developer and CAD Designer
- Every day the energy, creativity and passion of Manolo permeates through our business.
- We believe in the artist and the artisan; we are innovative while still protecting our heritage.
- We strive for timeless beauty and quality craftmanship.
- We celebrate curiosity and believe in working proactively and being solution focused.
- We believe in upholding family values; we treat everyone with honesty, respect and kindness while nurturing our teams to deliver excellence.
- We believe in making people smile.
To coach, mentor and coordinate the Product Development team. Work closely with Design, Merchandising, Production teams and Chief Product Officer and Head of Product. Manage all material and hardware developments for the Women’s collection.
- Oversee and monitor the entire Product Development process for Shoes and Bags, following the seasonal calendar
- Proactively manage potential issues/risks and related resolutions
- Monitor the Product Development seasonal company calendar
- Communicate in advance Product Development key dates to factories
- Monitor Product Development budget
- Visit material fairs to research new potential suppliers
- Responsible for material supplier onboarding
- Source new materials following the Designer’s guidelines and submit them for approval
- Develop seasonal fabrics and exclusives with mills, accessories and embroidery suppliers
- Develop metal trimmings with relevant suppliers
- Material and accessory launch
- Analyse and flag any issues with regards to material MOQ / material developments
- Manage and monitor new material and structure developments
- Regular interaction with Chief Product Officer and Head of Product with regards to new structures and materials / accessories
- Approve sample allocation among factories
- Approve sample specs prior to launch
- Travel to factories, suppliers and fairs
- Regular internal meetings to check development progress against calendar
- Provide technical and material information to Commercial team for market
- Handover to production ensuring all information is provided and correct
- Quarterly reports and presentations
Any other tasks as requested.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 8-10 years’ experience in a similar role, within luxury footwear.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar management role.
- Technical knowledge of women’s footwear. Knowledge of Men’s is adventurous.
- Fluency in Italian
- Highly proficient in MS Office and PLM
- Be able to develop effective working relationships with suppliers and internal departments
- Proactive with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, and ensure delivery of results within tight deadlines
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail, with an appreciation of colour and imagery, and the ability to lead innovation
- Positive attitude and team player
- Excellence: High level of finesse and excellence required in delivery of all tasks