Head of Commercial Operations
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 12 Aug 2022
- Sales & Business Development
- Senior Manager
- Contract Type
- Full Time
This role will be responsible for commercial operations, implementation of business development strategy and revenue generation through new and existing customers within our wholesale, ecommerce and direct sales channels. This includes the sales performance, team revenue generation and sales activity, to deliver the agreed sales and financial revenue plan.
The candidate will lead, nurture and drive our sales team within wholesale, as well as ecommerce and customer care. It will also be jointly responsible with the management of Logistics and delivery to wholesale and ecommerce accounts.
Working closely and reporting directly to the CEO and Creative Director, this position will define and deliver all sales strategies, while implementing and managing processes to ensure the deliverables are met.
They will be responsible for the day-to-day sales performance management, utilizing sales techniques and competitions to drive sales activity, while supporting the professional development and mentorship of team members, with a focus on developing an effective sales culture.
This candidate must possess the ability to see the bigger picture and forward plan, implementing business strategy, evolving overall department processes and efficiencies while providing support and guidance to the commercial teams.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver regular trade reporting to the board, working closely with all sales team to coordinate relevant information through weekly trading, sell through reporting, end of season and end of year reporting.
- To be responsible and work directly with the CEO and CFO to ensure that yearly cash flow planning is set, with monthly updates.
- To work with the CEO to set seasonal/ monthly sales targets, offering support to wholesale and ecommerce to ensure that all growth plans are achieved.
- Set the Commercial teams budgets, supporting Wholesale and Ecommerce teams to manage, ensuring that these align with the business strategy and companies revenue projections.
- Wholesale, ecommerce and direct sales strategy planning – working closely with the business targets to support strategy implementation and delivery through sales performance.
- To work closely with the Wholesale Manager to ensure regular sell-through analysis is managed. Having sign off on wholesale initiatives to support performance of accounts.
- Responsible for management of client performance, supporting the wholesale manager where needed.
- To ensure that seasonal sell-through reports are presented to the Creative Director at appropriate intervals in the season to ensure opportunities are captured within new season development.
- Responsible for final creation of seasonal merchandising plans, feeding from sales analysis from B2B and B2C performance, and working closely with the Head of Product to ensure delivery is achievable. To have regular check in points through design stage to ensure the collection is balanced creatively and commercially.
- Ensuring regular meets with Production, Logistics, Sales and Communications teams to ensure brand messaging is inline. Identifying key stories and new product categories to ensure maximum traction.
- To work in conjunction with the Head of Product to set delivery/logistics targets, supporting the Logistics Manager with logistics planning and ensuring on time deliveries.
- To feed into full business critical path ensuring that all departments’ functions work inline to achieve business targets.
- Management and sign-off of ‘off-price’ sale.
- Support and sign-off of Ecommerce web development.
- Ensure that new season/ product is uploaded at correct intervals and supporting Ecommerce and Digital Marketing Manager.
- Responsible for monitoring of ecommerce sales and long-term profitability.
- Responsible for management of all terms with suppliers and sales partners.
- Responsible for final sign-off of pricing and margin per season.
- Continual review of margins throughout season (pricing, books close, end of season).
- Responsible for management of direct sales/ custom orders – setting terms, pricing, delivery of customer experience and delivery of goods. To manage the Customer Care role and link with inhouse Atelier to execute and deliver.
- Responsible for invoice sign off within sales teams.
- Set and manage team KPI’s.
- Maintain and reinforce business standards and brand messaging throughout the sales channels through physical sales campaign, online sales and customer care.
- Assessing the structure and actioning training where appropriate.
- Entrepreneurial 8+ years experience in the fashion industry within wholesale and ecommerce.
- In-house luxury brand experience essential.
- Management experience essential.
- Great analytical and numerical skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Financial planning and management essential.
- Capable of making decisions independently.
- To have a positive, hands on and “can-do” attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- To have immaculate presentation.
- Advanced computer skills – Microsoft office
- Zedonk experience essential.
- Forward-thinker with the ability to articulate point of view and improve processes.
- Ability to quickly recognise, diagnose and solve for challenges and workflow.
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail.
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure the best customer experience.
16Arlington is the London fashion house making clothes with stories to tell the morning after.
124-128 Barlby Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert