ZIMMERMANN has an opportunity for a highly enthusiastic Design Room Coordinator to join the innovative Design Team. Reporting to Design & Development Manager, this position will involve coordinating the sourcing and development of fabrics and trims for Zimmermann Ready To Wear collections
This is an opportunity for applicants who are driven and passionate about contributing to the success of a global, growing business. The successful candidate will be flexible, dynamic and thrive working in a fast-paced environment.
As a Design Room Coordinator, your key responsibilities will include:
- Identify appropriate suppliers for development. Research and investigate new suppliers as required seasonally to maintain market edge with fabric and trim offering
- Attend sourcing appointments with Design & Development Manager and follow up on all appointments with summary email to team and suppliers.
- Coordinate seasonal design meetings relating to fabrics and trims, collate all information discussed and summarise for the team following each meeting via email.
- Create and manage a system for storing sourced materials that is accessible for all teams.
- Upkeep and filing of fabrics and trims – manage the archive and new seasonal sourcing.
- Knowledge of fabrics, trims, print and embroidery techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding garment construction and pattern making.
- Set up and send raw material purchase orders to suppliers and follow up on deliveries, ensuring any delays are flagged to design team staff.
What you will bring to the role:
- Completed a tertiary course in Fashion and/or Textiles
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of fabrics & trims and a keen interest in fashion.
- Be able to combine both creative and technical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Be exceptionally well organized and methodical.
- Computer skilled, particularly in Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Any experience of AP21 or a similar program.
Why work with us?
- Bespoke development plans and access to strong mentors and industry leaders
- Ongoing Training & Development to grow your career within Zimmermann
- Generous Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Program with the opportunity to earn bonuses for successful placements
- Opportunity to progress your career within an Australian global luxury brand, including international opportunities
- Work with high-end fashion and alongside fellow passionate and dedicated Zimmermann team members
If you are searching for the next challenge in your career, please share your application with our hiring team.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Zimmermann is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications ensuring a strong corporate commitment to diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.