ZIMMERMANN has an exciting opportunity for a technical and detailed Pattern Maker to join our passionate and innovative Design team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the creation of accurate patterns in line with the Designer's vision and seasonal design and production schedules.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a “hands-on” proactive approach and thrive working in a creative and fast-paced team environment.
As a Pattern Maker, you will be responsible for:
- Making patterns for seasonal collections on the Lectra, Gerber and/or StyleCad system via original drawings or from Zimmermann’s existing library of patterns.
- Log an accurate history of all garment alterations and comments for reference in Garment Workbook and AP-21.
- Perform pattern alterations and final production fittings.
- Create garment specification sheets with relevant information for production – ensuring that all specification sheets are accurate including accessories, trim, yields, and maker instructions.
- Finalise all patterns in line with production schedules.
- Create costing markers and record accurate yields for sampling and bulk production.
- Work with sample machinist to achieve best quality make and most cost-effective method of garment construction.
- Produce sample markers for cutting as required.
- Consult in-house makers and factories on ways to improve make techniques.
- Responsible for finalising accurate BOM for each style in AP-21 ahead of SMS stage.
- Prepare sample and specification packs to produce PPS and Bulk.
- QC samples and follow correct procedures to ensure production are informed clearly on any changes from SMS to PPS to Bulk.
Required skills and expertise:
• Previous experience with Lectra, Gerber or Style CAD pattern making, or similar system – essential
• 10 years’ experience in womenswear pattern making
• Strong eye for detail and accuracy with a thorough understanding of complex garment construction.
• Continually up-to-date knowledge of luxury garment finishes.
• Be computer literate in Excel and Outlook (essential) and a knowledge of fashion production software such as AP21 (essential)
• Enjoy the challenge of working with original designer fashion garments.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about the Zimmermann brand, is looking to be a part of a successful growing business, and is seeking a pathway for professional growth. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Why work with us?
- Bespoke development plans and access to strong mentors and industry leaders
- Generous Employee Discount
- Ongoing training and development, with the opportunity to progress your career within an Australian global luxury brand, including potential international opportunities
- Work with high-end fashion and alongside fellow passionate and dedicated Zimmermann team members
If you are searching for the next challenge in your career, please share your application with our hiring team.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Zimmermann is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications ensuring a strong corporate commitment to diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.