Pattern Room Manager
ZIMMERMANN has an opportunity for an technical and detailed Pattern Room Manager to join our passionate and dedicated design team. This position will manage SMS to production workflow taking over from Range Reviews for all samples for all Zimmermann clothing in line with the seasonal critical path.
This is an opportunity for applicants who are driven and passionate about contributing to the success of a global, growing business. The successful candidate will be flexible, dynamic and thrive working in a fast-paced environment.
As a Pattern Room Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical advice on construction and finishing techniques as and when required, in line with the Senior Designers expectations.
- Manage a Patternmaker WIP per style creating the life cycle of a pattern per season for all Zimmermann clothing
- Provide technical support and advise for all Patternmakers, junior garment techs, technical assistant and garment techs
- Attend fittings in development and pre-production to monitor fit along with providing any constructive input to prevent any fit issues
- Review fit notes after each session and work with pattern makers to prioritize workload juggling fitting alterations with new styles
- Flag any inconsistencies between styles in fabric/trim groups to the design team as and when picked up so that finishes are correctly matched from the beginning of the development stage
- Review production schedules from all teams and work with pattern makers on best workflow to ensure the needs of both the design department and production department are met across all key seasonal deadlines
- Follow direction from Creative Director and Senior Designers on workflow for the Pattern Room working closely with the RTW Design Room Manager and Coordinator for Ready-to-Wear
- Work closely with pattern makers and senior designers on cutting directions for print and embroidery artworks and record these with the assistance of the design assistants for future production use.
What you will bring to the role:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role working for a luxury brand presenting at least two Runway collections per year.
- Hold a fashion design degree from a respected Australian or international institution and have achieved outstanding results.
- Excellent technical knowledge and understanding of garment construction, fit, finish and pattern making across multi-product categories.
- Computer skilled, particularly in Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Illustrator. Gerber, Style Cad or lectra computer patternmaking experience is required.
- Be able to combine creative and technical skills.
- Be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
Why work with us?
- Bespoke development plans and access to strong mentors and industry leaders
- Generous Employee Discount
- Ongoing training and development, with the opportunity to progress your career within an Australian global luxury brand, including potential international opportunities
- Work with high-end fashion and alongside fellow passionate and dedicated Zimmermann team members
If you are searching for the next challenge in your career, please share your application with our hiring team.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Zimmermann is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications ensuring a strong corporate commitment to diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.