The Director of Operations reports to the Vice President - Operations, NY Flagship and effectively leads and develops Team Managers and cross-functional operations, merchandising and client services teams to deliver operational excellence and drive commercial success for the NY store. The Director of Operations oversees all day-to-day operations of all non-selling functions and works closely with Flagship Directors to align and execute on key strategic priorities. Responsibilities and Areas of Focus
- Lead operational processes and efficiencies with an understanding of existing best practices and developing forward-looking strategies in service of NY Flagship's commercial goals.
- Oversee compliance of all established operational company policies, procedures and standards, such as safekeeping of company funds and property, staff practices, security, inventory management, sales and record-keeping procedures.
- Act as subject matter expert in execution of operations tasks, merchandise processing and POS procedures. Lead Operations Team Managers in educating existing and future staff in aforementioned responsibilities.
- Liaise with various partners for merchandise shipping and conveyance, communicating standard operating procedures to NY Flagship staff.
- Actively contribute to the elevation of the client experience, synthesizing all teams under purview to work cohesively.
- Exercise judgment and discretion alone, and in conjunction with, the management team, in the day-to-day operations of the store.
- Foster day-to-day operational excellence mindset in the NY Flagship store and build community amongst teams.
- Elevate and hire talent to ensure a winning team and create a best in class service & selling organization.
- Network and recruit to build a pipeline of diverse talent for Team Manager and staff roles.
- 10 + years of retail or luxury retail store management experience with a strong operations background.
- Ability to work a full-time schedule including varied hours / days including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Willingness to adhere to all company policies, procedures, regulations, and standards.
- Availability to travel, as needed
The hiring range for this position ranges from $123,420.00 - $174,240.00. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience. Retail management are also eligible for bonus and sales incentives.