Head of Bridal Couture & Evening Wear Fittings
Knightsbridge Flagship Store
English born designer Caroline Castigliano has been at the forefront of British bridal design for 30 years, with a flagship atelier in Knightsbridge and exclusive stockists around the world. All gowns are created and handcrafted in the United Kingdom.
A wonderful opportunity has a risen for a talented female* couture fitter with a passion for luxury bridal and evening wear. The role involves running our busy fitting department in Knightsbridge, overseeing all fittings and organising the alterations whilst offering our clients the highest level of customer service.
Ensuring the highest level of technical fitting excellence in all designs produced by the company for the Flagship store based in Knightsbridge. Providing and fulfilling an unparalleled fitting service.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Seeing all clients from initial toile fitting through to the delivery of the gown within the Flagship Store
· Write all special instructions as necessary to the Product Development Manager and Technical Manager to create bespoke toiles for our clients.
· Responsible for all fittings within the Flagship Boutique, including management of the alteration seamstress.
· Ensuring that all technical and quality control activities are completed to the company standards
· Support the sales team in the Knightsbridge store with regard to all technical and design changes to ensure changes offered to clients are technically possible.
· All other duties as reasonably required to support the team and ensure the store is smooth running.
Skills and Experience
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in creation of luxury/couture bridal or evening wear
· Complex / couture luxury bridal / evening wear
· Multi-product knowledge
· Extensive knowledge of pattern cutting (although not necessarily a pattern cutter)
· Alterations / cutting
· Extensive understanding of garment construction
· Made-to-measure garments
· Quality control
· Sewing / machining to high level
· Customer facing / high level of service
· Personable, reliable, enthusiastic and trustworthy
· Strong attention to detail
· High customer service ethic
· High product quality ethic
· Able to work under pressure and within time constraints
· Able to work using own initiative
· Previous experience of working at the highest level of couture
Salary £40,000 - £45,000 depending upon experience
* Due to the nature of the role, applications are only open to female candidates. (Exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Part 1, Schedule 9).