Director, Brand Marketing, China
- Tory Burch
- Shanghai, China
- Closing date
- 20 Jan 2023
- Director / President / C Suite
Lead multi-dimensional 360-degree marketing strategies that encompass a broad array of marketing channels to create innovative marketing programs and strategic communications that drive deep customer engagement.
At this role, the candidate will partner with Retail and eCommerce business unit owners to support the growth of online and offline business through five operating functions:Digital Marketing, Retail Marketing, CRM, Public Relations and Content Creation.
The candidate will foster synergy with both functional teams at both China and the Headquarters teams to bring the year-round compelling marketing strategies to life.
- Partnering with key business stakeholders, including Retail, Merchandising and eCommerce teams, formulate strategic marketing priorities for China with the goal of creating deep level of engagement with our target customers
- Construct design and implement year-round marketing strategies, with a clearly outlined Action Plan in tandem with the Key Message Map within the defined budget in order to meet pre-defined KPI's and Objectives
- Constantly embrace an analytical mindset to measure, review and fine tune marketing tactics according to performance
- Lead the development of 360 concepts and deploy marketing tactics including social, digital, retail marketing, events and public relations to support key marketing objectives
Budget Construction, Management and Reporting
- In partnership with the eCommerce team, compile the year-round Marketing and Digital Budget
- Be the gatekeeper of the Marketing and Digital Budget through setting and measuring the KPI and ROI by campaigns to maximize the budget effectiveness
- Accountable for the actual spending per action and program and the corresponding results
- Accountable to ensure that all financial reporting according to plan
Creative Content Creation
- Derive from the content needs across all marketing channels, lead the effort of content creation for the brand, including seasonal campaign shoot, native content creation, KOL partnerships and social content.
- Be innovative and partner with the Global Creative Team, to produce creative content to connect with target customers.
- Customize overarching content calendar planning, and orchestrate the content deployment across all marketing channels
CRM and Loyalty Program
- Develop CRM mindset within retail and cross-functional colleagues that includes implementation of a training materials and assets for CRM principals and customer data collection culture
- Provide regular CRM reports with actionable insights to the business unit owners
- Deploy and upgrade functionalities on local clienteling tools including WeCOM and CRM dashboards
- Scope, structure and define process to ensure that campaign selection, program and reporting needs are met
- Contribute towards the global thinking in customer segmentation to ensure that the Chinese context is represented
- Drive CRM and Loyalty Programs that grow local clientele and sales
- Stay abreast and monitor social media chatters with a constant mindset of fortifying the brand reputation
- Formulate communications strategies, including social media and media statements, in case of issues and crises.
- At least 10 years of solid experience in marketing functions, with strong leadership and consensus building skills
- Digitally savvy. Experienced in the social media landscape in China, including Red, Douyin, WeChat, Weibo and other social platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills - Candidate should be able to drive big picture goals; work with people both in China and the Headquarters with different backgrounds and temperaments, as well as know what motivates team members and effectively bring out the best in them. Adaptability and flexibility are key personality traits
- A proven track record in developing and managing marketing programs including CRM
- Relevant marketing experience with an international company, preferably with luxury product marketing experience
- Candidate must be an excellent communicator who can aptly explain his vision and strategy to his team as well as have open and frequent communications with brand teams and principals.
- Must be able to efficiently communicate the brands' vision to external members (Agencies, Vendors, VIPs etc)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Tory Burch is an American lifestyle brand that embodies the personal style and sensibility of its Chairman, CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Tory Burch. Launched in February 2004, the collection includes ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, accessories, watches, home and beauty. There are more than 200 Tory Burch boutiques across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia, and the brand is available at over 3,000 department and specialty stores worldwide and toryburch.com. In 2015, the Company introduced Tory Sport, a performance activewear collection that celebrates the elegance of sport. Inspired by the grace and strength of athletes. Tory Sport balances high-tech fabrics with classic design.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert