Manager, Merch Planning and Allocation - Textiles, Food & Trim
- Long Island City, New York
- Closing date
- 31 Oct 2022
- Merchandising & Planning
- Full Time
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Manager, Merchandise Planning & Allocation is responsible for driving sales, margin and turn for an assigned area of business across stores and online channels. In this role, you will aggregate the financial plan and forecast across the assigned area of business to ensure they support and deliver company goals. You will also maintain planner responsibilities for the area of business as outlined below. The Manager will provide analytics and guidance to the DMMs on strategies and tactics to achieve targets and aggressively pursuing growth initiatives. The Manager will need to drive toward optimal inventory composition and level by channel and location.
- Drive assortment and inventory optimization strategy initiatives for Families of Business driven by analytics
- Oversee and guide insight and analytics to drive and maximize opportunities and minimize risk at the vendor level
- Oversee seasonal plan development by vendor inclusive of sales, margin, receipt flow and turn
- Allocate orders to maximize business by channel and location
- Empower team to make independent strategic decisions, thereby building confidence, promoting ownership, and laying the foundation for greater responsibility. Train and develop team in key planning systems
Qualifications and Competencies:
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.
This job description is not all inclusive; additionally, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's, Bloomingdale's, and Blue Mercury - is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert